Blockade Runner Badge for Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blockade Runner Badge for Review

Thanks in advance for the help. Ive posted this a long time ago and no one could give a definitive answer. There are quite a few weird things about it but the general opinion was that the badge was good but the hardware on the back was replaced. Posting it again with the hopes that someone who knows these well would weigh in (my original post about it was 7-8 months ago maybe). It has all of the correct features on the front that originals should have, no gap between the wings / correct detailing on the windows etc. Im itching to know, Thanks!
    Attached Files

Please? Anyone?

Comment

Hello,

It seems good in a lot of respects, although the catch and main pin do not look proper for this maker. As best as I can tell, the ball hinge seems to be okay, but better pictures are needed to be certain. Can you post some clear and closeup pictures of the catch, ball hinge, and pin? Also, a measurement of the badge's diameter and even its weight could be helpful in making an accurate determination.

I think it could be an original badge, but with a replaced pin and catch.

Best regards,
      Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Yanacek View Post
        Hello,

It seems good in a lot of respects, although the catch and main pin do not look proper for this maker. As best as I can tell, the ball hinge seems to be okay, but better pictures are needed to be certain. Can you post some clear and closeup pictures of the catch, ball hinge, and pin? Also, a measurement of the badge's diameter and even its weight could be helpful in making an accurate determination.

I think it could be an original badge, but with a replaced pin and catch.

Best regards,
        Tom
        Diameter is 49 cm. Weight is 37.0 grams exactly. Closeups coming up.

Comment

closeups 1
          Attached Files

Comment

closeups 2
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
              It looks ok to me but the catch has been replaced IMO - it has a wrong shape and there is a solder or glue on it.
              Here is mine for comparison (with different maker's mark).
              Cheers,
              Hubert
              Attached Files

Comment

I agree with the others -- replaced catch and main pin.

Here's the previous thread:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=770396

Best regards,
                ---Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X