Kriegsmarine Rooster Badge???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Rooster Badge???

Hello Everyone, I got this group of items recently and was told all were from one man the ribbon bar and the miniatures on the chain are 57’ers. The item I wonder about is the rooster badge, what is it? Is it very unusual to have both a U-boat badge and a Blockade Runner Badge to one man?

Backs

Backs
    Attached Files

Comment

Rooster

Rooster
      Attached Files

Comment

Rooster back

Rooster back
        Attached Files

Comment

Rooster backside

Rooster backside
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Looks like an impressive grouping!

Looks like an early Blockade Breaker Badge (tombak) and a later (?zinc) U-boat Badge. Combined with the U-boat Spange (late war), I'd suggest your man was either KM or Merchant marine early in the war and transferred to U-boats later on. It's not that uncommon to see KM personel from surface ships transferring to U-boats.

Interesting that the U-boat Spange on the bar is bronze but the Spange on the chain is silver!

Re the "rooster" badge (maybe more like a sea-serpent or dragon?), hopefully someone has Schiffer's book (can't remember the author) on U-boat emblems - I'd guess that's what it is, possibly for a cap. Maybe locally French made too?

Regards
            Mike K
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X