Minesweeper - opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper - opinions please

opinions please - I have the opportunity to make an offer on this piece.

Does it look good ?

Any estimates on a fair price ?

regards

Graeme
    Attached Files

pic 2

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

last pic

last pic - sorry for the quality.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Graeme,

Textbook and on top of that in wonderfull condition. These Schwerin's are the most desirable of all Minesweeper badges. Even at Detlev they don't come cheap anymore. if I'm not mistaken the last one sold for €275 and it was in lesser condition. Hope this helps and also that you manage to get it. It's a beautifull example

KR
        Philippe

Comment

Very nice example

Best Regards

Mike

Comment

Philippe and Mike

Thanks for your comments. If I get it I will post better pics. I was not too sure how confident you guys could be on originality from just seeing the pics when repros are so good these days.

thanks again

Graeme

Comment

Nice one Greame, it looks just like mine. These badges are so nice when they are in good condition.
              Attached Files

Comment

and frontside
                Attached Files

Comment

That is a nice one Graeme.

I'd be proud to add this beauty to my collection!
                  Regards,
                  Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

A nice original I agree...but don't go crazy on the price...I just saw one recently (Schwerin) on a site for $ 175.00 (granted it was not nice as the first one posted) and it sat there for a long time--I forget what site but if I remember I will post the link. Minesweepers are absolutely the most common of the navy badges.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenD
                      Minesweepers are absolutely the most common of the navy badges.
                      That might be true in general Steve but for sure isn't the case when it comes to early tombak firegilded Schwerin badges in the condition posted by Graeme. Are you sure the one you saw wasn't its worn zinc brother?

KR
                      Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe DB
                        That might be true in general Steve but for sure isn't the case when it comes to early tombak firegilded Schwerin badges in the condition posted by Graeme. Are you sure the one you saw wasn't its worn zinc brother?

KR
                        Philippe
                        HI Philippe, you may be right, it may have been a zincer...but I am not sure..it is hard to tell on Schwerins because they have that grey burnished reverse in many cases.

Comment

You guys may be thinking about John Telismanich's site. I seem to remember a tombak Schwerin Minesweeper there for $175. The condition wasn't as nice, but John usually has very reasonable prices, lower than most dealers.

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/Medals%20and%20Badges.htm

Comment

Thats a nice one Graeme Lovely condition!
                            Regards
                            Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                            I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X