Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin Auxillary Cruiser badges

Greetings,

Has anyone on this forum seen or own a tombak or brass Auxillary Cruiser badge marked Schwerin Berlin 68. I have seen plenty of marked Schwerin acb's but not with the 68 on it. A picture would also be appreciated if anybody has one.
    Whilst on the subject of acb's what makers other than Schwerin and the unmarked Junckers produced cruiser badges in tombak or brass?
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Unquestionably genuine Schwerin AuxCr Badges are only marked "SCHWERIN.BERLIN" in raised letters - both the tombak and zinc varieties. There are some Juncker badges which have a two-line stamped Schwerin marking (with the 68 from memory) but these stampings are considered "suspect", although the badges are accepted as genuine. There is at least one of these badges with the correct C.E. Juncker Berlin SW stamping though.

Re other tombak makers, I can't think of any. Orth and Souval (and Morgeon/Bacqueville - sp - if you believe in them) made marked zincers and there are some unmarked needle-pin varieties - these latter badges are comonly in a bit of a grey area though. I've seen a few (and handled one) really strange semi-hollow badge marked for "August Wilhelm" or something similar. Personally I think these are highly suspect and probably post-war but have no evidence either way.

Regards
    Mike K
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

G'Day Mike

Thanks for the info and the reason I was asking as I was looking at one on a dealers site but upon close examination the badge looked Junckers to me but had the Schwerin Berlin 68 markings. Doesnt matter now as I have just purchased an unmarked Junckers badge in pretty fair condition so today I am all smiles

Cheers Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X