Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info required re fake Auxillary Cruiser badges

Greeting one and all,

I am currently looking around the various dealers for a nice Auxillary Cruiser badge and would appreciate some help from you guys in respect to what fake badges are about. Would love to see any pics you might have depicting fake acb's. At this time I am seeking a nice Junckers or Schwerin badge but any pic of a fake acb would be appreciated. Thanks.

Phil

Hi Phil, sorry I cannot add any photos of fakes for you. But this advise has been offered before on the forum and I still think it holds true. Rather than studied fakes, of which there are legion, study the details of known originals.

I can add a couple of pics of my badge which is a zinc one made by "FO" if that would help you?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the tip and yes I have some pics of known originals but I occasionally hear of the "Schwerin fakes" but I have yet to see a pic of one. I think this would help in my search for the genuine item. Indeed, I would be happy if you could post the pics of your fo badge. Thanks again.

Phil

Comment

Original badge

Hi Phil, here is my badge. You are welcome to save the pics for you files.

Have you done a search on the forum as these badges have been discussed in the past?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Original badge

I bought this one back in the late 1970's for £16

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Original badge

Here is the back of the badge.

Comment

Ade makes a valid point, it's best to study the originals so to speak than the fakes, I'm not sure about a Junker good quality fake out there, dubious sorts yes but there are certainly Schwerin fakes from semi good to bad.

Corrct me guys if I'm wrong please, but with the Juncker badge there is one type considered original with no real deviation, but for the Schwerin badge you've at least 3 'metal' types for a start (you know whats deemed as early - late) and the minor differences in them too.

Sadly I lost my files due to a computer virus, but Rob, Phil DB, Lorenzo, Frank, Mike K etc could well have some examples of the Detlev fake of the week and other examples too.

I'm novice so don't pay to much heed to my words, wait for the others.

Here's my genuine Juncker.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Back Ju

Comment

Thanks Adrian....16 pounds you have got to be kidding. I always knew I started in this hobby way way to late. By the way...I was looking at a web site in the UK run by an Alan Beadle who has a lot of items. I dont think much of his pics but he seems to have a few Auxillary Cruiser badges for sale and some at what I consider very reasonable prices (not 16 pounds though). My question is have you had dealings with this man and what is his reputation like.

Phil

Comment

Hi Phil, I have dealt with him but many, many years ago. I would, like all other dealers, exercise caution, and know what you are buying. His photos are always poor. His retutation is not the best nowadays.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Phil,

I have to echo the previous comments - it's much easier to learn what one or two types of original badges look like thant to try and learn ALL the different types of fakes.

Rob Hudspith has written a really good article dealing with Schwerin badges on the Member's only section of Wehrmacht-Awards.com - well worth a look.

You asked for some repro badges, so here are a couple of better quality Schwerin repros.

Regards
                      Mike K

The first from Detlev....
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mike Kenny; 12-27-2004, 10:59 AM. Reason: avoid any potential confusion!
                      Regards
                      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Next, one from a certain auction house....
                        Attached Files
                        Regards
                        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks Mike, Marcus and Ade for the info and help. Will take all the advice on board. Appreciate the pics too.

Phil

Comment

Here is a picture of my fake one .Rob.
                            Attached Files
                            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB
                              Here is a picture of my fake one .Rob.
                              The reverse .Rob.
                              Attached Files
                              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X