X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub Badge

Opinions and thoghts.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 01-31-2015, 07:42 PM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Anyone?

Comment

Hi jmcm,

A good Friedrich Orth zincer, Type 5.6.2 in the U-Boat Classification system.

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

Hello,

I agree with Norm. A good one.

Best regards,
        Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

U-Boat badge

Going to estand in the future.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by John R.; 02-02-2015, 11:51 AM. Reason: uploaded the linked image

Comment

Nice boxed FO U-boat. Those can be found for ca. 250 eur + at least 100 eur since it is boxed.
            Cheers,
            Hubert

Comment

I'm not totally convinced that the carton was originally paired to this badge (although they could have been together any number of years). The f.o. U-Boat badge is associated with a marked envelope, similar in practise to fellow Vienna maker Rudolf Souval.
              Attached Files

Comment

Carton has always been with this badge
                Last edited by John R.; 02-02-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I am always interested in cartons that these awards might have been boxed. Can you give us the history of the badge and carton that makes you think that the carton was sold with the badge, at least as far as you are aware?

I do not think there were standard cartons or packages for these KM awards, so any information you can share would be helpful.

John
                  Last edited by John R.; 02-02-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Box

I got this box and badge together with a eboat,destroyer,fleet,mine sweep and coastal 30 years ago from a vet living in the US married to an English woman, I also got his patches that were bullion embrodery. I could not get her fathers british medals. The badge was in the box when i got it and the other Kriegsmarine badges don't fit in the box?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Norm F; 02-02-2015, 01:34 PM. Reason: uploaded the linked image

Comment

Good enough for me if I was going to buy this combat badge, the carton most probably came with the badge. Remember, you must become an association member to sell on estand.

Thanks for the background,

John

Comment

Hi Guys,

While the story behind it is nice to have and means they were in the same vet's collection as of 30 years ago, I remain hesitant to say they were together during the war.

Like I say, I've seen the f.o. Vienna U-Boat associated with the marked envelopes (like Souval). Although some consider these cartons "generic", whenever I see colourful patterned cartons, more often than not they're associated with a Gablonz-made award like this GAB (attached).

You can see that the f.o. U-Boat is a tight fit in the carton in Joe's photo but the GAB fits better. I'd still favour that the U-Boat and carton were paired after the war. Still an original wartime carton but the value of badge and carton must be considered separately, in my opinion.

Best regards,
                        ---Norm
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think I can

If I push hard enough it my go in this box! This box could have been for a wound badge but not an assault badge.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Norm F; 02-02-2015, 01:57 PM. Reason: uploaded the linked image

Comment

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
                            If I push hard enough it my go in this box! This box could have been for a wound badge but not an assault badge.
                            Hi Joe,

An excellent demonstration and a good thought. Although different sizes, these two boxes do appear to be from the same supplier.

Best regards,
                            ---Norm
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                              The f.o. U-Boat badge is associated with a marked envelope, similar in practice to fellow Vienna maker Rudolf Souval.
                              Hi Norm,

I love that U-Boot-Kriegsabzeichen packet, more so than the badge itself.

Best regards,
                              Tom
                              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X