Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submarine War Badge - Schwerin

Hello,
    please, can somebody help me with this Schwerin badge ? It is known copy or i found the original piece ? Im really not sure.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Looks good, worn early tombak piece
    Here is mine of this type:http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=727839&page=3
    Cheers,
    Hubert

Comment

Looks good to me also. John

Comment

Thank you. I like the collection of bubbaz with u-boot badges.

Have a nice day and thanks again for your advices and help

JT

Comment

And if i can ask. What is the price of this Shwerin piece in today market ?

Thanks very much for your time.

Best regards

Comment

Oh, boy. Valuations should be determined by going to dealer sites, like Weitze, and try to find a badge in similar condition.

You will get all kinds of opinions here on value--most will not even reply to the question. You have to first determine condition in comparison to most other badges of this exact type then get a range of values from dealer sites and maybe estand here.

Do not attempt to polish the badge, you will only make it worth less than it is now.

John
            Last edited by John R.; 09-23-2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Since this just came up a few days ago with another badge, I guess you could rate SB badges on a scale of 1-12, 12 being very very nice, almost new in appearance, not messed with.

1 being a damaged example, missing a hinge or pin or catch perhaps.

The other factor is provenance if there is any and can be believed, although this does not add too much to the value of an item here. Buy the item, not the story comes to mind, but if there is a story, the story should be told. That might move a badge up one number IMO, say from 5 to 6 maybe.

I put the top condition marked SB U-boat badges at $1200. These are very pristine in condition. A dealer would want more, maybe $1400-$1500.

The vast majority of these badges with condition 7-9 I would say $700 and up. Then you have the rest scaling down to far less.

Perhaps you could divide $1200 by 12 and come up with $100 per step more or less. So $100 for a damaged step 1 badge. You really do not see too many of these.

Naturally, a seller might want more than $1200 for a perfect badge and if you want a perfect badge as a buyer, you may pay the premium demanded by that seller.

Where your badge falls will be up to you to do some research and of course, you can post the results of your own research here for comment.

Best I can do right now.

John

Comment

Thank you very much John for your advice. Im relatively new collector of badges of kriegsmarine and any help i appreciat.

I will try to make some research and when i find some results i will post it here.

Thank you agai for your time.

Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X