Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilfskreuzer for review

I've been offered this piece.
    Valuable piece deserves second thought, for sure, so I'd like others to say their word about it.
    Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

A bit brighter photo, maybe t's better visible here:
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
      Looks like honest tombak Juncker but the swaz looks off to me. I think there is a risk it was professionally restored.
      Cheers,
      Hubert

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaZ View Post
        Hi,
        Looks like honest tombak Juncker but the swaz looks off to me. I think there is a risk it was professionally restored.
        Cheers,
        Hubert
        Hubert has a good eye. I agree, definitely messed with. You can see on the obverse that the tips of the eagle's toes are missing where they should overlap the swastika and the void between the arms of the swastika is too short compared with the normal one on the right. On the reverse you can see a notch cut out of the block hinge to get access to the swastika and the surface texture of the back of the swastika is smooth in contrast to the granular texture on the rest of the reverse.

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        Attached Files

Comment

I would have missed this. Good eye Hubert. These swazs need to be looked at carefully on all KM badges of course.

John

Comment

Indeed a good eye Hubert.

Well spotted mate.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Just what I thought. A notch on the reverse, mentioned by Norm was a detail that attracted my attention at first.

Thanks for all the details. The price asked was 750eur / 980 US$ so I'll pass...

Comment

Toes cut off, shortened void. What else, tonsillitis?

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                  Toes cut off, shortened void. What else, tonsillitis?

John
                  Peripheral neuropathy from long-standing diabetes could lead indirectly to both loss of toes and trouble voiding so that just might be this eagle's diagnosis...

Comment

Heh, heh.

Comment

To Bad

To bad and good eye Hubert
                      Otherwise it is a nice badge
                      Shame
                      Steve

Comment

It was probably de-nazified by the recipient to be worn postwar,i have seen a few of these Junckers' that have had the swastika removed,i have one myself...Too bad that this particular badge was messed with.
                        To me it would have more value as a de-nazified piece and left as is.

Obviously,someone wanted to make an extra few bucks by re-nazifying the badge.

Now that's a shame.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Hi,
                          I found it also on militaria321 here: http://www.militaria321.com/auktions...tionID=6352878
                          Cheers,
                          Hubert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X