• Show
Clear All

auxiliary cruiser wa badge

How do you feel with this one?

Do you agree with my bad feeling?

regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I agree with you definitive fake. Very well done but the maker mark in combination with a Juncker set-up are the big give aways on these copies.

KR
    Philippe

Comment

I also agree with Phil here. Nothing like an authentic Schweriner (which are very hard to find)

Skip
      LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

I agree . But you have to admit when compared to some fakes they are getting better.

Comment

Aux Cruiser

Hi Stefan,
          I agree with the others this is a 100% fake, or a Cave Creek special as we say here in Arizona.
          Regards,
          Jody

Comment

Even if you did not see the rest of the badge the lettering on the reverse is a big giveaway...it's too perfect because modern techniques are employed to make the die..ie each letter is not carved or punched into the die by hand one by one as would have been done back then by a craftsman...I suspect though that this will be corrected as other processes are used to cut dies..processes that mimic techniques in use back during the TR era.

Comment

Hi,

this is a fake. two months ago I almost bought exactly the same badge, but thanks to this forum - I changed my mind. It's a nowadays copy, well done though, and as rumours say these fakes come from the US.

Regards, Michael

Comment

Stefan,

You've been given good advice on your offering.

Here is one in my possession that I think is pretty textbook. As you may know, the prices on these Schwerin Aux Cruisers are taking off.

Regards,
                Mark

If you look closely at the globe, you will notice that it was not perfectly inset to the wreath before it was rivetted. Off by about 1mm. However, the beauty of the gilting easily sold me on this particular badge!

Attached Files
                Last edited by Norm F; 09-10-2017, 10:05 AM. Reason: uploaded the linked images
                "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

outstanding
                  Thank you for posting the picture of yours Mark!!
                  That is an outstanding original.I too was stung on one of those bogus fakes at the MAX about five years back. They have been in circulation for sometime.If you ever want to get rid of that one Please (I beg you) drop
                  me a line. I am starving for one!!!!!!!!

Steve

You've been given good advice on your offering.

Here is one in my possession that I think is pretty textbook. As you may know, the prices on these Schwerin Aux Cruisers are taking off.

Regards,
                  Mark

If you look closely at the globe, you will notice that it was not perfectly inset to the wreath before it was rivetted. Off by about 1mm. However, the beauty of the gilting easily sold me on this particular badge!

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X