Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this hollow back U-Boat

Hi Guys,
    Well since everyone cleared up the IAB for me, I thought I might throw this one out there for opinions. The only history I know on it was that it was purchased in an antique shop in Illinois in the '60's. I have my doubts about it, so no one is going to hurt my feelings, so please be honest.
    Andy B. collecting mini badge stickpins
    Attached Files
    Collecting minis and KVKs

here is the back
    Attached Files

Comment

angle shot showing the hinge and catch. sorry I can't get closer.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Andy,

Hollow KM badges are generaly unacceptable. As an exception to that rule there seems to be one hollow U-boat badge ( the one with the vertical set-up on top of the badge) where the jury is still undecided but that's it.

In relation to the badge you posted and although I like the finish, I don't think that this is an original. For me the typical '57 catch, never used on war time pieces, is the biggest give away.

KR
        Philippe

Comment

Thanks Phillipe, It was as I suspected . I guess it will be a decent filler till I can get a good one. Christmas is coming, maybe Ms. Claus will suprise me in my stocking .

Andy B. collecting mini badge stickpins.

Comment

Hi Hab, Im not to keen on these hollow backed U-boat badges and like Philippe said the jurys still somewhat split.I myself would much prefer a positive yes than a maybe. After all you never know if you might want to sell or even upgrade later and these dont appeal to everyone. Just my thought. All the best

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X