Destroyer badge opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyer badge opinion please

Recently I bought this destroyer badge, it is unmarked and it looks old and original to me. Am I right? Could somebody, if it is possible tell if it is Original and if it is, the name of the maker.
    Thanks in advance. I made some clear pictures of some details.

Nice Meybauer zincer.
    Cheers,
    Hubert

Comment

Here for comparison is my zinc Meybauer Minesweeper with exactly the same hardware featuring quite wide catch. Interesting is that in this setup Meybauer did not use a catch plate.
      Cheers,
      Hubert
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi blaeu,

Hubert has said it all. Here's the other setup variant:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=540795

Best regards,
        ---Norm

Comment

Loading some of blaeu's image from the host server for posterity.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here are photos of the very same badge that I found on file from when it was for sale on M-B some time ago.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And here's another one of the same type that was also on M-B some time ago.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. When I reading and understanding correctly, it is a very rare variation. Correct me please if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by blaeu View Post
                        Thank you all for your replies. When I reading and understanding correctly, it is a very rare variation. Correct me please if I am wrong.
                        Please understand that the word "rare" means to most of us, "scarce" or not commonly seen. It does not necessarily mean that the badge is of higher (or lower) monetary value than a more commonly encountered example. It depends.

The valuation of a particular KM war badge has to do with marked and unmarked examples, tombak or zinc, what collectors are collecting (supply and demand), finish, condition, etc.

So, in this case, it is rare in the sense that it is not a commonly found badge.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X