Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boot badge fake?

Greetings,
    A dealer in Poland has two U-Boat badges for sale. They can be seen at the following link. The clasp is unusual and there is a metal joining from the boat bottom to the wreath. They are marked f.o. Any ideas on authenticity of these items?
    Best Regards
    Chris Egret
    New Hampshire USA

http://epier.com/BiddingForm.asp?1049198
    Last edited by Egret; 10-14-2004, 04:18 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

FAKE!!!!!

Comment

Hi all im going to stick my neck out here and say im not 100% sure this is a fake. They are good points to this award and some very noticeable bad points. Front looks very much F.o style eagle, tie bands, u-boat. Pin looks ok apart from the tip? (broken and filed maybe?). Catch seems ok hard to make out if its has the circular base though. Have seen this type of hinge on f.O. Reverse cut out looks very close, but the main question is that strange looking tab. Quality control miss?. just to the right of that tab looks like part of a casting plug. Rearly need clearer pics especially on the m.m, catch, and hinge. But that tab definately strange. I await the recoil from more experience forum members. Best regards

Comment

A good look at the maker mark is crucial here, the pics are much too bad to be 100% accurate with a "good" or "bad" in this case.
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

The badge was sold few days ago on the polish on line auction [allegro].I am 100%sure the badge is fake .I wish I have saved the pictures .Evrything about this badge is wrong Pin set up,catch marker mark.Do not buy it!!!!!

Comment

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0e0e0" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=aolmailheader><TD vAlign=top width="10%">Subj:</TD><TD>Check out Odznaka kriegsmarine UBOT (32159077) - Allegro </TD></TR><TR class=aolmailheader><TD vAlign=top width="10%">Date:</TD><TD>10/15/2004 8:18:24 AM </TD></TR><TBODY id={38D21EA4-36A9-4B8E-943F-54174DDE0317}><TR class=aolmailheader><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="10%">From:</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=aolmailheader><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="10%">To:</TD><TD>[img]aoldbimg:online[/img]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Odznaka kriegsmarine UBOT (32159077) - Allegro LINK
              Last edited by rocket; 10-15-2004, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Hello to all,

In my opinion, that badge is not original. It looks artificially aged to me. I don't like the pin nor the hinge. Hinge should be set down in a recessed part of the wreath. I definitely don't like that piece of metal flash between the keel and wreath. The detail seems lacking as well, although as Frank mentioned, the pictures are not good. I would never trust the source of the badge either. Nothing but crap from this seller on both ebay and epier. Here is one from my collection that is original in my opinion.
                Best regards! Tom
                Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

reverse
                  Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

hinge, pin, & catch
                    Attached Files
                    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

maker mark
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hi Tom ,Nice badge.Perfect .

Comment

U-Boat Badge Fake?

Greetings,
                          I believe I will stay away from this badge. Since posting a total of 4 (two more) have shown up in Poland and E-Pier. If it is a legitimate variation, it is unlikely none would be in Wietze or Huesken archives (I looked at 40+ pix). Your help, especially in finding the Allegro listing with the incorrect fo shown, is invaluable. The badge was inexpensive, but I have little interest in a reproduction. I am 99 percent the rest of my small collection (mostly from Wietze and Huesken) is authentic. I am fortunate to find your organization.
                          Best Regards,
                          Chris
                          New Hampshire

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X