Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mint Schwerin Minesweeper

Hi Guys,

Hadn't got any new badges for a long time until recently this Schwerin became available. Not a rare badge in general but hard to find in this condition so a nice upgrade I think.

If anyone has other mint examples please post them here.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Attached Files

First class Norm.
    Regards
    Michael

Comment

Absolutely stunning condition Norm. You won´t be able to upgrade this one I guess

Comment

Wow, great catch Norm It's really hard to find tombak Schwerin Minesweeper in such excellent condition. Beautiful
        Cheers,
        Hubert

Comment

Norm, I know you have waited a long long time to find this badge in this condition. It was worth the wait as you have a superb example. Congrats.

John

Comment

Outstanding example Norm.Indeed,hard to find in this condition.

Great find.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Congrats Norm!! Glad that the minesweeper guy is still able to find some pieces out there for his collection!!

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                Hi Guys,

Hadn't got any new badges for a long time until recently this Schwerin became available. Not a rare badge in general but hard to find in this condition so a nice upgrade I think.

If anyone has other mint examples please post them here.

Best regards,
                ---Norm
                Glad you sealed the deal Norm, but you know there aren't going to be many posted in similar condition
                Great catch - Greg

Comment

Brilliant piece Norm!!!
                  Kind regards,
                  Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by greg1878 View Post
                    ...but you know there aren't going to be many posted in similar condition
                    Well, I know we've seen mint examples posted in the past by Darrell, André, Rob and Jody, so they're out there...!

Best regards,
                    ---Norm

Comment

here is my, mintiest I could find till today.
                      Highlights are polished and in hand it looks better than on this photo.

May I ask what setup are you using for taking some nice photos, Norm?
                      Attached Files

Comment

unbelievable new it seems if it was made a few days ago Good score
                        Christian

Comment

That condition is rare and amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                            May I ask what setup are you using for taking some nice photos, Norm?
                            Hi Andjelo,

Rather labor intensive, I place it on a white background near a window with indirect sunlight and then shine my wife's "Ottlite" on it (when she's not using it for her textiles ). I use a simple Sony digital camera with Leica lens in macro mode with no flash. Oh, and I take about 10 shots and choose the best! I then import the photos into Photoshop and if necessary apply color correction until they look as close as possible to the badge in hand.

Someday I'd like try getting a "ring lamp" to provide a uniform shadow-less lighting with a central opening in which to place the camera.

Best regards,
                            ---Norm

Comment

Great looking badge and without much photo equipment.
                              I have a light tent, two photo lamps and Nikon P510, shooting macros and on very rare occasions I am satisfied.

I am able to make great photos, but not like the badge is in the hand.
                              Some better results can be result of a light tent, but it's huge and not handy. I will order a small one and try.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X