Help ID'ing 2 Uboat badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ID'ing 2 Uboat badges

I need some help in ID'ing these two unmarked Uboat badges. First let me say that I bought both of these from Gordon Williamson many years ago. They're nice looking examples but I have never been able to identify the maker. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Badge 1

Badge 1

Badge 1 front

Comment

Badge 2

Badge 2 - Sorry for the photo quality

Comment

Badge 2

Badge 2 back

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM
          Badge 2 back
          Can anybody take a stab at this?

thanks

Comment

U-Boat Badge

Hello Steve,the first badge looks like an unmarked Funcke and Bruninghaus (L/56) with the round wire pin set up.I think you can just see the small die flaw on the feather of the left hand eagles wing.The second one has some of the zinc Schwerin attributes but I'm not sure if these came with a solid swastika,perhaps someone else could help with that one,all the best,

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul. I'll make a note of your observations and comments for these pieces. Cheers. Steve

Originally posted by paul w
              Hello Steve,the first badge looks like an unmarked Funcke and Bruninghaus (L/56) with the round wire pin set up.I think you can just see the small die flaw on the feather of the left hand eagles wing.The second one has some of the zinc Schwerin attributes but I'm not sure if these came with a solid swastika,perhaps someone else could help with that one,all the best,

Paul

Comment

Paul is correct about the first badge being an unmarked L/56, I own its twin but with a flat wire pin and catch.

Al

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X