Nice Uboat grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Uboat grouping

....some badges are missing but still nice documents with the badges her got...
    Attached Files

Nice Little grouping

andy

Comment

That is a nice little group. I have a question since I am not a document collector. On the document listing all of his awards, what exactly is that? I notice that the date is June 13, 1945 - after the war was over. I also note that the rubber stamped eagle does not have a swastika that I can make out clearly but it is also in the fold of the paper. Is the swastika distorted by the fold or was it obliterated from the stamp and used post war? Just wondering.
      JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
        That is a nice little group. I have a question since I am not a document collector. On the document listing all of his awards, what exactly is that? I notice that the date is June 13, 1945 - after the war was over. I also note that the rubber stamped eagle does not have a swastika that I can make out clearly but it is also in the fold of the paper. Is the swastika distorted by the fold or was it obliterated from the stamp and used post war? Just wondering.
        JAndrew
        Hi J

I have had a couple navy groupings where the maat was still active on post war duties , at least I think, doing mine clearance . The docs were stamped with an eagle with no swaz.

D
        Iam Uncle Sam
        That’s who Iam
        Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

D.
          That is very interesting indeed. Thank you.
          J.

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
            Hi J

I have had a couple navy groupings where the maat was still active on post war duties , at least I think, doing mine clearance . The docs were stamped with an eagle with no swaz.

D
            Yes thats right, mine cleaning was the GMSA. They used Paperwork, Ranks, Ships and uniforms long after the war. So up here in the north of germany you find that more often....
            Sadly that the rest in gone...

Comment

Know anybody the Number of his U-Boat ???

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X