Kriegsmarine Mini Submarine Small Unit Badge. opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Mini Submarine Small Unit Badge. opinions please

Hi Guys, I would like your views, opinions on this badge I have. It's made of wire thread and is identical to the ones I have seen which are made of cotton thread, it has a backing so it's a 2. piece construction cloth badge and has a very nice old smell to it.

I know these badges are rare and not seen that often, so it's hard to find one to compare with. Can anyone tell me anything about my badge with wire thread at all? maybe it was made for officers, or made by a rare maker?.

This came from an old guy who was ex. British navy and he joined just about at the end of WW.2, started collecting Kriegsmarine cloth badges. Look forward to your replies. Cheers. Steve
    Attached Files

Steve,
    There are a few things that I don't like about this badge that would make me pass on it were it offered to me for sale. Having said that I would suggest you wait to hear from Ludwig as I think he has the most expertise on the forum with these badges.
    JAndrew

Comment

That one is a repro- the easiest way to tell is that the rope isn't in a perfect circle- that is a feature found on all original badges

Comment

unfortunately not original

have a look at :
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=kdk
        and
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=508633

Comment

Not a good one IMO

Andy

Comment

As our fellow collectors say: not good!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X