Minesweeper For Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper For Review

Hello All another little treasure arrived today with a large group of badges but I just need some expert confirmation.
    Is the badge pictured an unmarked zinc AS in triangle badge? or something else?
    Many thanks
    Doug
    Attached Files

Hook and hinge
    Attached Files

Comment

A nice genuine example that I understand is attributed to AS these days.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Doug,

I agree with Mike, a nice genuine zinc Type 3.2.3 in the classification system, with the 1st pattern eagle, always unmarked.

The marked "AS in triangle" badges all have the 2nd pattern eagle, but they are lumped into the same category 3.2 with the unmarked 1st and 2nd pattern badges because of the close similarities in the rest of the obverse design, trimming outlines and finish.

The unmarked 1st pattern eagle badges (like yours) and the unmarked 2nd pattern eagle badges show the same tooling marks on the reverse suggesting a common workshop.

Whether these badges were all made by Adolf Scholze or rather by a consortium of which Adolf Scholze was a member remains unknown, but for descriptive purposes they are all in the "AS in triangle" family. Certainly Adolf Scholze has been associated with the marked badges by the research of Pavel in this thread.

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        Attached Files

Comment

A couple of more illustrations. The first shows the obvious similarity between the unmarked and marked badges with the 2nd pattern eagle. The second shows the close similarities in the hinge crimps and hardware across the spectrum of the zinc unmarked and marked badges.
          Attached Files

Comment

The whole family of Type 3.2 badges can be seen here:
            http://www.minesweeperbadge.net/Mine...ge.net/AS.html

Best regards,
            ---Norm

Comment

I agree and and have nothing to add to what Mike and Norm have said. It's nice unmarked AS in triangle zincer, 1st eagle pattern
              It has more common classic catch crimp so it is type 3.2.3 according to the MS Classification System
              Here is my 3.2.3 for comparison.
              And here is some more to read on that badges:
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...sweeper&page=2
              Cheers,
              Hubert
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Gentlemen.
                the replies are excellent and very informative.
                It is through your expertise and taking the time to pass on some of your vast knowledge that encourages me to buy badges with confidence.
                This particular badge does have a slight vault to it .
                Many thanks
                Doug

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X