• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-boat ring w/sea devil inside

Look good? Thanks mates.
    Attached Files

Hi inimicus,

I must say that I'm absolutely NO authority on rings, but the U-Boat vertically centered within the wreach and a cross instead of the national symbol is seen in '57-form miniatures so I suspect that is a post-war ring -- whether for a reunion or not I couldn't say?

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Comment

Ini,

Postwar 1957 design ring with U 552's devil emblem, a red devil running with a torch.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

thanks loads! so, not worth $200 for sure.

Comment

That's not a period ring for sure. Casted and way to thick ring band. Postwar creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf100 View Post
            =Casted and way to thick ring band.
            Not arguing with being post-war of course, but Just thinking, wouldn't all rings be cast? I can't imagine how one could die strike such a shape...

Best regards,
            ---Norm

Comment

Period ring were die striked with a hollow backplate. These with a full back had separate things on the frontplate attached. Even the SsTk was die striked as mass produced ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                Not arguing with being post-war of course, but Just thinking, wouldn't all rings be cast? I can't imagine how one could die strike such a shape...

Best regards,
                ---Norm
                In the case of SS Honour Rings they were stamped out as a flat silver bar, engraved and rolled to the recipient's finger size and soldered then the skull was soldered over the join .... that is unless you believe Craig Gottlieb and his piece of 'authentication through publication' of course.

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X