B
      Attached Files

Comment

C
        Attached Files

Comment

Fanstatic I love these tradition badges

Comment

A great badge. I found similar one this year on SOS. Here it it shown with other items I bought there:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Norm F; 10-25-2015, 07:10 PM. Reason: uploaded the linked image

Comment

and here are few more, just for a reference:

and one with some other bits from my collection ;-)

Also,I was looking for previous post about these badges, I think originaly posted by Eduardo, but I couldn't find it. Can someone point me to it?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Norm F; 10-25-2015, 07:13 PM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Comment

very very nice!!

Terrence

Comment

Nice looking badges from the 4-Raumbootesflottille.

I have never seen a "painted" example before.Very nice and i think it may be a personalised piece ?

Here is one that i used to have.

Regards,Martin.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice interesting piece and photos
                    Cheers - Greg

Comment

It's interesting to see that all three badges shown have different pin position on the reverse of the badge.

I am sure there were many men in that flotilla, so maybe jewelers or whoever else the retailer was were buying those as bare badges after which they were soldering the pins.

I'm afraid we'll never know the story, as these badges are really rare.

Comment

Very nice badge and photo album. I especially like the fact that the album goes on well after the war as these German crews were employed to clear the wartime minefields.

Are there any photos in the album from that period of time? Be interesting to see how they wore their uniforms.

John

Comment

Firstly thanks for all the positive comments,John yes the album goes on after the war they are up in Norway clearing mines there are also photos of a reunion after war there is also three citations for the Minesweepers badge,EK11 and EK1,I will try and post some more photos from the album as time allows.

Comment

Yes, that would be interesting. We have numerous photo of Prinz Eugen sailors after the war working for the Americans. I say working since they were paid by the Americans to operate the vessel (especially the complex engineering plant). I think, but would have to check, $30 a month.

The uniforms are well maintained--all emblems are gone but there are makeshift ranks on some of the uniforms. Caps are the same as are the pea coats (reefers) being worn.

Naturally, the minesweeper men would have faced extreme danger in the execution of clearing the mines above and beyond just operating the vessels.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                              Very nice badge and photo album. I especially like the fact that the album goes on well after the war as these German crews were employed to clear the wartime minefields.

Are there any photos in the album from that period of time? Be interesting to see how they wore their uniforms.

John
                              Also,with this postwar activity i wonder if there are are any photo's that show the Marinefrontspange in wear ?

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X