Clear All

High seas fleet badge

Hope this is a good one?
    Attached Files

Reverse

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

A fake, check out the pinned thread on Schwerin high seas fleet badges before buying.

Comment

Agreed - 4 window fake.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~datumge...HSF-Repro5.htm

Comment

I also agree, definite fake
          Cheers,
          Hubert

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaZ View Post
            I also agree, definite fake
            Cheers,
            Hubert

Agree not a good one

Andy

Comment

Badge

Well, this is one I got bent on!! Oh we'll, a rough hobby sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by gtbpappy View Post
                Been there a few times myself...it can get expensive.

Comment

The HSF fakes really seem to get people. I feel like most of the "" comes over the different variety of fake HSF badges. We live and learn!

Originally posted by gtbpappy View Post

Comment

Best Bet....

"Best Bet"....

Just don't buy 'SCHWERIN' !

It's as 'simple' as that! To be safe pick-up the others & leave the damn 'Schwerin' stuff sit on the tables at the shows or on the websites when you see them there.

Asinine price on the 'name' anyway when they weren't the best quality or best made!

Ron

Comment

Best Bet Ron would be to do ten minutes research on this forum on high seas fleet badges or purchase the reference books available from Bender publishing. Schwerin is without doubt the easiest badge to identify as being original or fake and quality wise they cannot be surpassed.

Originally posted by RKC View Post
                      "Best Bet"....

Just don't buy 'SCHWERIN' !

It's as 'simple' as that! To be safe pick-up the others & leave the damn 'Schwerin' stuff sit on the tables at the shows or on the websites when you see them there.

Asinine price on the 'name' anyway when they weren't the best quality or best made!

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McShane View Post
                        Schwerin is without doubt the easiest badge to identify as being original or fake and quality wise they cannot be surpassed.
                        I agree with Mark, Schwerin fakes are one lookers compared to other maker's copies (Aurich, FO, RS, RK, Shuco, etc.). This is because it's difficult to copy such superb quality. Cave creek blockade runners are quite difficult to spot but other Schwerin fakes are easy.
                        Cheers,
                        Hubert

Comment

For me the Schwerin badges are the creme de la creme of the kriegsmarine badges, why ignore them? That's what german militaria is all about, seeing the difference between good & fake.
                          I once got fooled by a cave creek blockade runner. I felt an idiot afterwards
                          Attached Files

Comment

Badge

I wish there was the Internet when I bought this!! Oh we'll, this is a great site, and very helpful with present and future purchases. Thanks to all for he help!! I am glad this was not an ss officers hat!!!

Comment

To each his own!

Mark:

To each his own!

10 minutes or not, I've seen so much CRAP with 'SCHWERIN' name on it over the last 33 years I just wouldn't reach into my pocket for anything by the name of 'SCHWERIN' or 'Assman' & I did find better quality on other's pieces.

Especially in the 'finishing' of the 'SCHWERIN' pieces....They look like "Ark Industries" took on the job to do their 'finishing' for them with all the 'sloppy-finishes' on the reverse of their awards.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X