navy pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

navy pilot

Sorry to post this here but i have few choices of ideas .As the Kriegsmarine didnt have any aircraft carriers did they have navy poilets .
    I collect all types of cap insignia and need to know if this type even existed.
    Best regards Pete

navy polits

Forgot this

show_image_in_imgtagCASWNVAP.jpg (13.7 KB)
    Attached Files

Comment

Pete,
      I would recommend this book to you for an in depth discussion of the topic. Bottom line is that the KM did try to train its own pilots but the political situation and Gorings influence stopped the program and all things airworthy remained under Luftwaffe control so there is no fleet airarm insignia that I am aware of. Many naval personnel did complete various aspects of air training and so you will see the occasional pilot's badge, observer badge, etc. on a KM uniform.

Also, towards the end of the war some KM personnel who were no longer with ship board assignments were transferred to various ground combat units and I recall in the back of my mind at least one photo of a KM person assigned to a Luftwaffe ground unit wearing KM uniform with a Luftwaffe ground assault badge on it.

"The Luftwaffe and the War at Sea 1939-1945: As Seen by Officers of the Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe" by David C Isby

Regards,
      JAndrew

Comment

Just saw the photo. If you go to the KM uniform and equipment forum and do a search you will find a couple of good discussions of the insignia you present here. Example:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=wings

JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
          Forgot this

show_image_in_imgtagCASWNVAP.jpg (13.7 KB)
          That is the insignia of the sea rescue service. You can read about it here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...air+sea+rescue

Comment

ta

Thanks guys just fantastic loads of great info there best regards Pete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X