Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilfskreuzer Copy - S&L?

Hi friends,

how about the follwing Hilfskreuzer? Is it a S&L postwar copy?

Thank you, Michael

and here is a compare to a late 57er Hilfskreuzer by S&L and a postwar piece by Souval. The Hardware of the 57er seems to be identical to the questionable badge. What's your opinion?

Comment

Hi Michael,

It's a post-war copy of a Souval, not a S&L. Interesting about the hardware matching the later S&L '57. Perhaps the same hardware was available to others as well? I can't see any reason for S&L to copy a Souval...

I suppose it's not impossible that Souval made it in the 80's long after running out of all wartime leftovers, maybe casting his own design, and hence the bad quality? But I guess that's stretching it a bit.

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

Hi Norm, thank you very much for your input.

BR, Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

I agree. It's a Souval produced badge with S&L hardware. It's a myth that Souval only used his typical "claw" hardware and stamped everything L58. There are often many variations of a badge that Souval produced over decades. In fact Souval used S&L hardware on many of his post war awards, no matter when they were produced. I have early badges, as well as later produced ones using S&L hardware.

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X