Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
        Unmarked GWL?
        JAndrew

Could be

Andy

Comment

Hi,
          It is so called 'unmarked GWL' but we have no sound proof so far these were made by GWL and not by Deumer. It also concerns GWL marked examples. They could also be made by Deumer and only marked by GWL as a distributor.
          They come from the sister die to the one used to strike needle pin Deumers and have Deumer-like reverse hardware. There are very tinny differences in cabin door and most 'GWLs' are double striked (as the one here) but it does not necessarily mean they were made by GWL.
          Cheers,
          Hubert

Comment

Hi Nordsudeten,

Hubert has said it all. When you compare your Tombak Destroyer next to the zinc Deumer Destroyer it's apparent why Deumer is a likely candidate as the maker of this badge. Aside from the same design and hardware, note the almost identical pattern of patina under the waves.

Best regards,
            ---Norm
            Attached Files

Comment

The catch looks like S&L, not Deumer or GWL, despite them all being Leudenscheid.

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                The catch looks like S&L, not Deumer or GWL, despite them all being Leudenscheid.

Regards
                Mike
                Hi Mike,

I think some wear and distortion of the catch may give that impression, but it's definitely more Deumer-like than S&L-like when you get down to the details.

Here's Nordsudeten's Destroyer catch compared with a couple of catches from zinc Deumer Minesweepers. In contrast there's a compilation of the classic S&L metal catch so appreciate the difference.

Best regards,
                ---Norm
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you guys for your help!!

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                    Hi Mike,

I think some wear and distortion of the catch may give that impression, but it's definitely more Deumer-like than S&L-like when you get down to the details.

Here's Nordsudeten's Destroyer catch compared with a couple of catches from zinc Deumer Minesweepers. In contrast there's a compilation of the classic S&L metal catch so appreciate the difference.

Best regards,
                    ---Norm
                    Yes, looking closer, it's missing the S&L sharp lower inner corner.

Regards
                    Mike
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                      Aside from the same design and hardware, note the almost identical pattern of patina under the waves.
                      Hi Norm, thanks for the comparison with zinc Deumer, great spot on the pattern of patina under the waves! This is the last straw that breakes the GWL's back in this case IMO
                      Cheers,
                      Hubert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X