Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Badges authentification help!!!

Hi fellow collectors,
    personally, I don't collect KM and badges. But a friend asked me about this badges he had in hand since several years.
    Unfortunately, pics he sent me are surely not so clear for advanced collector, but, in first time, can you give me opinions and values about each of them please????
    Sincerely and thanks in advance for him.

KM Badges

first, Schnellboot badge recto and verso
    Attached Files

Comment

Coastal artillerie recto and verso
      Attached Files

Comment

Submarine recto and verso
        Attached Files

Comment

Auxiliary cruiser recto and verso
          Attached Files

Comment

Destroyer recto and verso
            Attached Files

Comment

High sea fleet recto and verso
              Attached Files

Comment

general view
                Thanks in advance for your help!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi SPQR,

If you run a forum search on "Bacqueville" you'll gets days of reading on this topic.
                  Here's one of many threads:
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=Bacqueville

That's complete set of them, obviously some missing hardware -- generally the least desirable of all "Kriegsmarine" badges to collectors given their dubious provenance.

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

I agree, all seem to be genuine Bacqueville awards.
                    Cheers,
                    Hubert

Comment

All good, but bad condition

Comment

Thanks Norm, Hubert and Eric for have take time to reply and help me.
                        Like it is not my field of collect , I'm not really sure to understand correctely.
                        For you, all these badges are good. When you speak about BACQUEVILLE, is this meant that these badges were made in France and Postwar????
                        My friend want sell them, can you give an approximative value for each one please???
                        Sincerely

Comment

Originally posted by SPQR View Post
                          Thanks Norm, Hubert and Eric for have take time to reply and help me.
                          Like it is not my field of collect , I'm not really sure to understand correctely.
                          For you, all these badges are good. When you speak about BACQUEVILLE, is this meant that these badges were made in France and Postwar????
                          My friend want sell them, can you give an approximative value for each one please???
                          Sincerely
                          Hi SPQR,

I provided you in the previous message with a link and the means of reading the numerous threads on this topic, so you should have all the information you need.

Briefly, they're called "Bacqueville" badges simply so that collectors know what badges you're referring to. The awards manufacturer of Bacqueville denies having had anything to do with them and there's also no link to Mourgeon, another often quoted connection.

They are simply odd looking zinc badges that turned up in France in the 1970s or so, surrounded by mystery and anecdotes claiming they were wartime. They are non-regulation and were never actually awarded. Debate continues as to whether they were actually made during late war and stored away until much later or fabricated post-war as an elaborate hoax to pedal reproductions.

On top of that they themselves have been faked (as most badges have) which is why you have received the opinion that the badges you show are "good, genuine Bacquevilles". This means they're not the later fake Bacquevilles but doesn't mean they were necessarily wartime either.

Bacquevilles and "flatbacks" are the two categories of KM badges with the least appeal, followed by late zinc S&L's and Souvals, although all of them still have relative value in the collectors' market depending on your interests.

Dealers will often still list Bacquevilles at high prices but it's "buyer beware" since you'll never be able to re-sell them at those prices.

I'll leave it to others to estimate an actual value for each of your badges since I only follow the Minesweeper badge market that closely, and for some odd reason there's no such thing as a Bacqueville Minesweeper badge...

Best regards,
                          ---Norm

Comment

Many thanks Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X