Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked A.S. in a triangle Minesweeper

Hello guys,

I just bought this Minesweeper Badge from a friend today. He bought it at an estate sale, but he didn't think it was real. I told him it was definitely real but he still wanted to get rid of it so I gladly bought it. I'll buy a badge like this any day when the price is right.

There are no repairs to this badge and nothing on it has been re-finished. I think it is a nice zincer with a good amount of original finish remaining.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Here is the reverse:
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hi Tom,

I agree completely. A very nice original Gablonz-made zincer, the so-called "unmarked AS in triangle, 1st pattern eagle", type 3.2.2 in the Minesweeper classification system.

And indeed, the original finish as well. I believe this is the "earlier" finish which lacked the "later" practise of a gold undercoating to the reverse and water column before the silver finish was applied. (I say "early" and "later" in quotation marks since for all I know they could have been produced concurrently.)

These badges were clearly official award items during the zinc era since they are pretty common, seen in portrait photos, found in groupings and often personalized by their owners.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files

Comment

For comparison to the 1st pattern eagle badges, here's the unmarked variety with the 2nd pattern eagle, type 3.2.5.

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Norm,

Thanks for the comments and your two examples are exquisite.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I agree with Norm's comments, very nice AS in traingle Ninesweepers in this thread
            Cheers,
            Hubert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X