from my colection.
    Like it?
    Please marked?
    Thnks!
    Attached Files

C
    Attached Files

Comment

I´m not sure. Looks like a unmarked S&L Zinc costal badge but the catch is pretty high up and the catch plate is deep down.
      Last edited by hlynur76; 06-23-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

S&L design but I would be very cautious about this one - texture and color of the reverse looks very Staegemeir-like and the catch misses a catch plate... Not the one for my collection.
        Cheers,
        Hubert

Comment

This one also looks a bit "soft" if that is what Hubert is saying. In other words, the texture on the reverse is what we sometimes associate with a cast fake.

The photos are not that great either of the edge of the badge. It would be helpful if you could take some shots of the edge and post it here. Not sure if that is a casting line or not since the images are so dark.

John

Comment

New foto.
            Attached Files

Comment

N1
              Attached Files

Comment

Any further opinions on this one?

John

Comment

100% original.

Comment

Doesnt this CA badge look thicker than normal?

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC View Post
                      Doesnt this CA badge look thicker than normal?

Andy
                      Hi Guys,

Certainly an odd one. Hard to say about the thickness but it would be good if Nordsudeten could provide a weight and dimensions and compare to the stats presented in the S&L Coastal Artillery thread here:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=498426

The finish and texture seems atypical for these S&L badges (see the reference thread) and it's hard to tell if there's a catch plate there or not. If there isn't a catch plate then I would say the catch was not applied by S&L.

Also, at the very least there has been some manipulation of the round-wire main pin. Aside from the fact that it looks a little wavy and bent, on the side view you can see the mark from the tension foot below the hinge but the tension foot no longer contacts the badge at all when the pin is in the closed position. I think the pin was removed and re-inserted for whatever reason.

I share Hubert's concerns about it. Staegemeir's vast stable of reproductions cover a variety of styles of finish and this is one texture that you can see. Can't say definitively bad and can't say definitively good -- all I can say is it's just not quite the usual look for these S&Ls.

Best regards,
                      ---Norm

Comment

I say that this one is thicker than a normal S&L but i dont say its not original.

Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X