Minesweepers badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweepers badge

Although not claimimg to be an expert in this area now, when I was more of a novice a picked up a cheap Minesweepers award. The metal looked unusual, an it had a makers name of J Wagner, Berlin. I have not been able to find this maker, and believe that this badge is a fake - but why would a maker of fakes put a totally bogus name on this badge. Has anyone come across this sort of thing before?

By the way I see in this forum contributers adding images, how is this done?

cheers

Col

Hi Colin.....

.....First off, welcome to the Forum(s). Lots of outstanding information available on the open Forums and even more when you join and gain access to the Members only section(s).

As for your first question, I can't give you an answer for that one.

As for your second question, sure you can post photos/images, but to do so you will need to join. To give you an idea of how it is done you should head over to the Technical Forum and see the demonstration there.

Hope this helps a bit.

--------------------

Bruce

Comment

...and it would be REALLY great to see that Wagner badge. If it is good you might have discovered a not yet researched maker. MakerĀ“s names that are not familiar do not have to be bogus in all cases.

Cheers, Frank H.
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

KM Badges !

Hallo !
        I had a KM Auxiliary Cruiser Bagde , maker marked J. Godet , Berlin . The badge was in worn condition , it looks like it had a 1957 pin . I send it back , think the badges was a fake , like some other on this forum . Look at a old thread . Think the thread is named " Rudolf Souval HSF "

Lillegutt

Comment

Thanks to you all for your repliesm, when you are active writing I am tucked up in bed.

Actually I thought I had become a member but there must be some technical problems.

Once I get the membership sorted out I will post an image of the badge. My only concern is for the metal it is made of, definetely not zinc or like any other badge I have.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X