Blockade runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blockade runner

Found this zinc Schwerin blockade runner for sale and have never seen a reverse set up like this one. The hinge block is set lower and the normally long pin appears shortened.

From what I can see the badge is original. Anypone seen this kind of variant set up before? Could it have been altered by the recipient? Fake?

Thanks in advance, Patrick
    Attached Files

heres the back

Attached Files

Comment

Don't have a zinc one to compare it to, but here's my Tombak one:

Comment

Reverse:
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Patrick,

To be honest I'm not really a big fan of that badge. Maybe it's the result of your pics but I find the detailing a little weak, certainly when it comes to the maker mark.

Also the short pin and the shape of the pin has me worried. Overall the badge looks soft.

Here is my zinc example to compare it to.

KR
          Philippe
          Attached Files

Comment

reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses. The detailing is certainly a bit on the weak side. I already have a zinc Schwerin like yours Phillipe so I posted this more out of interest in the reverse setup.

Only thing I could think off was the chap on the assembly was having a bad day and soldered the hinge block on at the wrong point. When the pin went on it stuck out a mile below the badge so had to be ground down hence the broad shape. Interesting badge if it is real, will give it a miss though.

Thanks again, P

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X