A Minesweeper & 2 Questionable Destroyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Minesweeper & 2 Questionable Destroyers

Showing what I believe is an unmarked zinc Minesweeper Badge that is wartime produced & 2 Destroyer Badges that have problems. At least I believe they do.
    First pictures of the Minesweeper. It has a reasonable amount of it's finish still left on it and the pin on the back is bent some, probably from wear, taking it off and putting it on different tunics during the course of the man's service.
    Thanx,
    Tim
    Attached Files

Now the first Destroyer Badge. If it had a maker on it, someone filed it off. Then they put the name 'BonTe' on there, just the way I spelled it, with the T capitalized.
    Trying to make extra money trying to claim that it is Kommodore Friedrich Bonte's badge??? I don't know. Also the top hook seems to have been reattached or is that just the sloppy way that they were done?? Well, here are the pics. I'm not going to show the name as it is not germane as to whether the badge is real or not. Only a moron would think this was actually Bonte's badge, without having beaucoup provenance!
    Attached Files

Comment

"Bonte's" Badge more

So.....is it real and just messed with? Was the maker name filed/sanded off?
      The name 'BonTe' is under the horizantal pin and you can see the area under that seems to be lighter in color as if something was done there. It has been this way for a LONG(!) time. I saw this badge years and years ago.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's the other Destroyer badge. I would swear that someone stamped 'NSDAP' into the horizontal pin, but I can only make out the 'DAP for sure. Is this bogus or is there a maker that did something like this and I am merely misinterpreting the stamping?? Also notice that there is no silver wash on the destroyer to be seen.
        Supposedly a Schwerin badge.
        Thanx,
        Tim
        Attached Files

Comment

and 2
          Attached Files

Comment

and3
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tim,

2 out of 3 are good.

1) an excellent Tombak Minesweeper badge by Juncker (not zinc) with no problems
              2) an excellent zinc Destroyer by Meybauer. This also has no problems and they are never maker marked. Presumably personalized by someone with the name scratched into the reverse.
              3) a cast reproduction of a Schwerin Destroyer

Best regards,
              ---Norm

Comment

Badges

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                Hi Tim,

2 out of 3 are good.

1) an excellent Tombak Minesweeper badge by Juncker (not zinc) with no problems
                2) an excellent zinc Destroyer by Meybauer. This also has no problems and they are never maker marked. Presumably personalized by someone with the name scratched into the reverse.
                3) a cast reproduction of a Schwerin Destroyer

Best regards,
                ---Norm
                Hello,
                I agree with Norm. I really like the Minesweeper.

Regards,
                Jody

Comment

Agreed, nice Juncker Minesweeper and Maybauer Destroyer
                  Schwerin Destroyer is a fake
                  Cheers,
                  Hubert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X