minesweeper badge Schwerin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minesweeper badge Schwerin

Last week I bought this badge in Ciney Belgium. It is pretty used and I think that the repair is old.
    It is a pity that the makermark is affected by the repair, but I think it is a fair badge.
    I would like some opinions about this badge please.

Thanks

Absolutely original badge that was actually worn by a vet, unlike all the untouched minty ones that pop up everywhere now...

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

I agree.... nice to see a real veteran.

Comment

Hi blaeu,

Like the others have said, it's an original zinc Schwerin. As you noticed, the original reverse hardware is gone and has all been honestly replaced with no attempt to hide the fact in the process.

Best regards,
        ---Norm

Just uploading your photos from the host server.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I agree, honest original with complete reverse hardware beeing replaced. I think that replacement was made wartime since it is quite crude and it looks like wartime setup used by Meybauer among others.
                I enclose one of my Meybauer Minesweeprs where even tool marks seem very similiar. On blaeu's badge the hinge is soldered the other side hence the main pin may seem longer.
                Cheers,
                Hubert
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Hubert,

That's a very interesting observation. And coincidentally Schwerin and Meybauer were neighbouring firms in Berlin. I wonder how that came about?

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaZ View Post
                    I agree, honest original with complete reverse hardware beeing replaced. I think that replacement was made wartime since it is quite crude and it looks like wartime setup used by Meybauer among others.
                    I enclose one of my Meybauer Minesweeprs where even tool marks seem very similiar. On blaeu's badge the hinge is soldered the other side hence the main pin may seem longer.
                    Cheers,
                    Hubert
                    Hi guys,

Hubert, very good observation. You can even see the same stripe tool marks on the pin of both badges. Very interesting.

Tom
                    Attached Files
                    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Great details pointed to

And a nice, wartime, honestly used badge with the life behind...

Comment

Agree with others posts and quite interesting correlation between the various makers.
                        I prefer these war-worn examples, although, it is nice to have a couple of period worn pieces next to some period minty examples.

Regards,
                        JustinG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X