Advise on the 2nd model e-boat badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise on the 2nd model e-boat badge

I'm looking for a nice 2nd model e-boat badge, can any members shre with me advise on how to tell a goodin from a fake.all help would be very much appreciated. I looked on Gordon willamsons site , but it only relates to 1st model and a specfic maker.
    what do you look for on the non maker marked pieces.

Hi
    Don't forget that this badge just exists in zinc.
    jacques

Comment

Hi Neilnitro,

I would stay away from the R.S. marked pieces unless you know VERY well what you are buying. Even the correct style marks for this badge are now faked and there are some very believable fakes of that one out. Same goes for the Schwerin ones, very good fakes.
      I would look for an Adolf Scholze marked one, which is very nice in finish, totally underestimated and to my knowledge not copied yet.
      You cannot expect to get a totally mint one of these badges since they all are in zinc as Jacques said. But at least look for one that is just faded and still has most of the finish. The more nicer badges (marked and unmarked) have golden wreathes/eagles, blackened or dark grey waves and a silver boat. Look for one that has a "split finish" boat (upper half silver, lower half same finish as waves). In my opinion these look most attractive.

Cheers, Frank H.
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Here is a Adolf Scholze badge, refered to by Frank in the previous post.
        Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

thanks for your help so far

Thanks for your comments, very much appreciated, i will take these comments on board, just got to find one now. if anybody finds one under there pillow left by the tooth fairy then email me on:-
          Neilnitro@aol.com

Comment

Thanks Mark for the Adolf Scholze badge pics. That´s the one.

And also that´s what I meant with "split" boat finish. Sorry for the slight mistake, lower half of boat has WREATH´s finish as we can see on Mark´s obverse pic, not WAVE´s finish as I said earlier.
            I should have known since I have one of those Adolf Scholzes as well. Yours looks even nicer, Mark. Sorry, no pics of mine currently, my camera is "kaputt" currently.

Cheers, Frank H.
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X