Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on HSF Badge Ausführung Schwerin

Hi all,

For a while I have been mouth-watering on the pics of this HSF badge and I might be buying it.
    But not without your very apreciated opinions and approvals!

So please shoot: do you like it and do you think it is worth about € 450,- ?

Thanks for your time and happy holidays to all of you!

Martin

Sorry Martin, but spending 450€ on this piece is no clever investment. It is as bad as it gets.

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Holy smoke, then I am off to do more homework.
      I was not convinced but I had a very good feeling with this one.
      So that was probably the reason it was quite a time for sale on that site.

Thanks Daniel, you saved me a bad start of 2012!

Regards,
      Martin

PS For now the only points of concern I see are the lack of details of the waves and the two cirkels at the backside of the wreath, probably from the tool which removed the badge from the mould.
      Can you point out a few more bad spots?
      I am a little ashamed here as I have been peeking to this one for a few months...
      Last edited by martin3; 12-23-2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

This one deserves (mabye requires is a better word) a bit more comment.

On first glance, the obverse detail, the basemetal and remains of the silver finish on the obverse look very convincing, if not correct, for a worn Schwerin HSF. The reverse tells an interesting story though. There are characteristics I look for on genuine Schwerins that this example shows. The maker mark is good. The hardware is obviously incorrect - repaired though? The thing that gives this away as a GOOD CASTING are the remnants of the injection circles as circled. When the fakers remove these features, improve the detail and improve the hardware, this will be a VERY DANGEROUS fake.

Regards
        Mike
        Attached Files
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hello Mike,

It seems I edited my previous answer just when you typed your comment.
          Thank you very much!
          So indeed those two circles are the giveaway.
          The details of the waves are also bad, but I could fool myself easily by blaming that to wear.
          I will study more on the hardware as I sincerely thought it was the second type, flat headed hing pin type, mentioned in your article.

Glad you said it is a convincing repro, that softens a little...

Thanks!

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
            On first glance, the obverse detail, the basemetal and remains of the silver finish on the obverse look very convincing, if not correct, for a worn Schwerin HSF.

Maybe because the obverse shots show a good Schwerin, and the reverse don´t. I think we are not looking at one and the same badge here...

Comment

Originally posted by Nordmark View Post
              Maybe because the obverse shots show a good Schwerin, and the reverse don´t. I think we are not looking at one and the same badge here...
              At first I thought this was a far-fetched assumption, but...
              I think you might be right.
              Judging the third photo, the first one showing the obverse, there's a long needle tip which passes the edge of the wreath.
              The first photo should show the tip of the needle also, but there's nothing.

I had good experiences with this dealer but I am, carefully said, a little confused right now...

Comment

Previous post should read: 'Judging the third photo, the first one showing the REVERSE...'
                Numb-Dutch is messing up obverse and reverse...
                Sorry!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X