Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identify Maker of Submarine Badge

Hello.

I just picked up a couple of German Badges today, & need help identifying the maker of the Sub Badge. Awards are not my field. I am going to end up putting it on estand, but need help of the makers name & it's worth. I would greatly appreciate any feedback!!!

Regards, Johnny
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think that is a Bacqueville

Comment

Hello Johnny,

Yes, indeed! A supposed French-production U-boat Badge by either Mourgeon or Bacqueville of Paris. These badges are still pretty controversial. Many collectors believe they are original to the period while many others think they are fakes, dating to the early 1970s.

Best regards,
          Tom

You can find more info about the Bacqueville/Mourgeon badges here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=Bacqueville

You can also find many more discussion threads by typing in either "Bacqueville" or "Mourgeon" in the search window.
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

KM Badge

Thanks for the information gentleman!! I appreciate it!!! Unfortunately I did not pick up this item from the vet myself! I found it at thrift shop with a small group of items that are clearly original. 98K Bayonet U.S. TM Radio manual a map of France & a pair of EM Infantry shoulder boards, wound badge, & a "Treffen" badge which is also in question. Well of to estand It goes... Thanks again..

Johnny

Comment

Hi,
              I agree with Kfs and Tom, original French-made U-boat badge which of course does not mean it is wartime.
              Cheers,
              Hubert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
              X