No announcement yet.

Schwerin Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A beauty in hand, this UBoot has all fire gilting and Schwerin makermark.

Mark
    Attached Files
    "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Spange in Bronze. I always like the 1st Style of these badges with the scooped out reverse. Tough to find and $$$.

Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Last but not least, a Silver grade.

Hope you are all content now!!!

Really no problem. Glad to share with fellow collectors. A good thread for reference, I hope.

Regards,
        Mark
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to post these badges Mark.

A truley outstanding set of Schwerin's.

The HK is a beauty and the finest of all tombak KM awards produced by Schwerin IMO.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller View Post
            You guys are a real pain in the butt! I can load them all at once from my host in 10 minutes. I can only load two at a time the 'Manage Attachments' route. It'll take an hour.

Here we go......
            Hi Mark,

Thanks! A real labor of love. Makes it "extra special".

Each work of art in its own little showcase.

Best regards,
            ---Norm

Comment

Martin, Norm,

My pleasure. Nothing exotic, but a nice set, to be sure.

Mark
              Last edited by mmiller; 12-08-2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Schwerin Badges

Hi Mark,
                I love your badges and you have a great fleet there. I agree you cannot beat Schwerin unless it is the 2nd pattern S-boot and then AS takes it in my opinion.

You have some wonderful stuff.

Regards,
                Jody

Comment

Hi Jody,

I was hoping that these Schwerins would catch your attention!

I don't want to derail my own thread with a posting free-for-all, because it is a Schwerin reference after all, but I agree with you 100%. The AS 2nd E is tops, and I like the RK Minesweeper, too.

Regards,
                  Mark
                  Attached Files

Comment

and I like the RK Minesweeper, too.

Regards,
                    Mark
                    Fantastic finish on that RK Minesweeper! (But I'm partial... )

Best regards,
                    ---Norm

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for posting these. A feast for the eyes. Nice collection.

How long did it take you to find all of them? The coastal and blockade are so hard to find in tombak. Let alone all the other ones in showcase quality!

Comment

Hi Chad,

Tough question. My memory is fading. I probably spent 10 years from start to finish. I learned to wait for the right one to come along. I passed on lesser quality pieces, because I didn't want to get caught-up in the constantly 'upgrading' scenario. Little by little they surfaced (no UBoot pun intended), and I was quick on the 'buy it now' button. Call me weird, but I like minty. Nothing wrong with 'seasoned vets' though. To each his/her own.

Regards,
                        Mark

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                        How long did it take you to find all of them? The coastal and blockade are so hard to find in tombak. Let alone all the other ones in showcase quality!

Comment

Mark, you bringing them out of the safe? Seems a bunch of treasures are coming out from you as late

Comment

Very nice Mark!
                            Im looking the same silver UB clasp for my collection.

Blocade runner badge its the last model of tombak BB badge, I have the same one. This type of badge have ˝thaller˝ on back side plate - the same like you can find on zink badges. This badge have also an different pin holder than older type.

Older type of BB Badge behind.

and zinc one, very simmilar to mine and your badge:

Comment

Beautiful badges!

Comment

Badges

Hi Chad,

Tough question. My memory is fading. I probably spent 10 years from start to finish. I learned to wait for the right one to come along. I passed on lesser quality pieces, because I didn't want to get caught-up in the constantly 'upgrading' scenario. Little by little they surfaced (no UBoot pun intended), and I was quick on the 'buy it now' button. Call me weird, but I like minty. Nothing wrong with 'seasoned vets' though. To each his/her own.

Regards,
                                Mark
                                Hi Mark,
                                It took me almost 25 years from start to finish. The last Schwerin badge I bought was almost 6 years ago.

You and I take it slow. We do not have to build a collection over night or in a few months (like many new folks seem to do). It takes time to build a quality collection and in my case price was big factor (I am cheap).

Regards,
                                Jody

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X