Opinions needed on High Seas Fleet Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions needed on High Seas Fleet Badge

I would be grateful for opinions on this High Seas Fleet Badge. I attach some pics.
    Thanks,
    Peter.
    Attached Files

Hi Peter,

Hard to be definitive from these pics. I lean towards it being an original but very heavily worn and repaired (?main pin, ?catch) based on on the obverse details, the basemetal and the remains of the finish however, this may also be a decent casting as some of the features on the reverse give me some cause for concern - aside from a lot of the obverse features being subdued, which I am putting down to excessive wear/rubbing/cleaning at this stage.

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I don't like the detail of the windows above the top set of guns.

Comment

Hi Peter,

I'm with Mike. Looks like it's probably a repaired original that has had all the detail aggressively polished off. But that same polishing makes it hard to tell from a brass casting. Either way, not a very desirable badge except perhaps for a uniform display.

Best regards,
        ---Norm

Comment

Thanks Mike, juoneen and Norm. I am not at all familiar with these badges, but as you say, condition is not the best, even if original. I think that I will give it a miss.
          Thanks,
          Peter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X