Coastal Artillery badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal Artillery badges

Here are couple more of my old badges. I think both may be fake but would appreciate any opinions.
    Attached Files

Coastal Artillery

Photo 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Coastal Artillery

Photo 3

2nd Photo back of badge is back of badge in Photo 3 and back in Photo 3 is back of badge in photo 1. Sorry about the switch.
      Attached Files

Comment

Both are fakes indeed...

Comment

Hi Harvey R Lipp,

The "Schwerin" is a well-known reproduction, the so-called "Cave Creek Special" posted by Mike Kenny on the first page of this thread.

The other one is the Coastal Artillery from the "flatback" line of badges, so called because they usually (but not always) have flat backs with linear striations from hand finishing. They also have variable outlines from excessive hand finishing of the margins instead of using a more standard trimming stamp. This example has all the usual features and the usual reverse setup.

These flatback badges are of unknown vintage, suffering much the same controversy as the French "Bacqueville" badges as to whether they were late war, post-war or both. The evidence suggests (but doesn't confirm) they may be from the Pforzheim area, possibly even from one of the Pforzheim makers after the late war bombing forced a scrambling barter-like existence, but this remains unknown. All the obverse designs of the "flatback" KM badges match those of the other members of the Liefergemeinschaft Pforzheim. If you search "flatback" in the forum you'll see lots of threads on these by now.

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

Hi,
            I echo what Norm has said, fake cave creek Schwerin CAB and flat-back zinc CAB.
            Cheers,
            Hubert

Comment

Both are fakes, the Schwerin is a wellknow type of reproduction. I hope you payed not the "real-price" for those pieces ?

Cheers,

Comment

Hi oberst40,
                What made you say that this flat-back CAB is a fake?
                Cheers,
                Hubert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X