Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on HSF badge by Schwerin, please

Dear all,

I put this badge up for sale on the e-stand a while ago. The buyer has some concerns now because of the almost missing 5th window. He knows my opinion but would welcome any other comments on this. If you feel qualified to give a comment on a badge that has the 5th window almost missing, please do so. It seems most collectors still think: missing 5th window = automatically bad.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Cheers, Frank

reverse
    Attached Files
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

To give the complete story, here is the sales thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=55868
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

IMO, the badge is 100% good! The missing 5th window is common in Schwerin HSF badges, and indicative of an earlier strike that was fixed later. Mike Kenny has a great discussion of this on this Forum.

There ARE fakes of this badge with the missing window...but the badge shown here is authentic!

PS: you can even count the little raised dots running around the base below the hinge!
        Last edited by Lorenzo Brown; 06-19-2004, 08:05 PM.
        Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

This is probably the only badge I know anything about as I purchased my first in 1974 and it turned out to be an early reproduction. So, over the years I have logged the hours on determining the authenticity of this type of badge. 100% good. If the buyer has a change of heart, well Frank, I bet we could work something out so I can add it to my collection. Has the buyer read the HSF article in the members section?

Best regards,
          Terrence

oh... I mean bad badge... send the unhappy buyer to me and I will send him a PayPay to fix the situation as I collect bad badges...

Comment

Hi,

I agree, 100% original and a nice early one too imo. It's definitely not the infamous 4 bridge window repro. It would be a nice addition to any KM collection. I was watching this one but was busy with work when the auction closed, otherwise I'd have picked it up myself!!

Regards
            Mike K
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Mike makes a good point. If one is collecting the different versions of HSF, this is probably the last strike before the dies were fixed. I actually prefer it over the fix job where the window looks like it is now in the wrong position. It make me wonder waht event was happening that so many HSF badges were comming off the line that the window event ever happened. I can imaging the dies cranking them out at high speed during the "peak" days of the big ships.

T

Comment

Very nice High Seas Fleet Badge. Definitely genuine. I would buy it too.

Best regards! Tom
                Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks to All for Input and Opinions

Frank

Thanks for posting thread. Send badge at your convenience.

Ken (the Buyer)

Comment

My HSF has two characteristics that this has being the small protruding flaws on the wreath opposite the search light cat walk and on the reverse the 'C' appears to be 'kicking' the 'K' in makers name of 'BOCK'.

Mine was given the OK by many members of the forum so I would suggest that this is good too.

Regards ...

Comment

Hi !

Nice and GOOD HFS maker Schwerin , Frank . No problem with that one Ken . If you study badge it is possyble to se 5.th window .
                      Here is mine .

Jan Arne
                      Last edited by Jan Arne S; 03-25-2005, 04:19 AM.

Comment

real vs fake:

Comment

real vs fake back:

best,
                          Gerd

Comment

hsf badge

its easy to tell from the pictures above that franks badge is authentic,detlev had the known fake on his site about 2 years ago in the fake alert section.
                            i like franks badge
                            chay

Comment

Thank you all for your participation, case solved!
                              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X