Pair of BH Mayer U-Boat Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pair of BH Mayer U-Boat Badges

Here are two twins from BH Mayer. The one on the left is vaulted and worn, the one on the right has slight wear and is not vaulted. The vaulted one is a gift for a friend and will be on it's own soon. Thanks to Galien David and Bill Shea for these two.

To nice ones

Andy

Comment

Very nice examples -Mayers U-boots badge is on my wishlist
      boris

Comment

BH Mayer

Hello,
        Great badges, and now you will have to find an early hallmarked L/18 example.

Regards,
        Jody

Comment

Hi Brian,
          Both nice Mayers Congrats!
          The zincer on the left is interesting as it is probably the earliest Mayer zincer (transitional variant) - it was struck from early tombak-style die, features tombak-style reverse hardware but is made of zinc.
          Cheers,
          Hubert

Comment

Originally posted by Jody View Post
            Hello,
            Great badges, and now you will have to find an early hallmarked L/18 example.

Regards,
            Jody
            Hi Jody,

Just curious, are you suggesting the LDO number marked examples are earlier than the unmarked examples? I wouldn't think the badges marked for private purchase were necessarily any earlier than those that weren't although it's possible I suppose, especially since we can't even r/o the possibility they were made by Schickle and simply stamped by B.H. Mayer after acquiring the leftover stock in 1941.

It could be a similar situation to the rare Petz & Lorenz IABs that B.H. Mayer stamped with his L/18 mark in the pin after acquiring their stock as well (this example was posted previously by Giel). Or Schickle's L/15 Spanish Cross also marked on the pin by Zimmermann (posted by Daniel (Grueni1208) on GCA).

Best regards,
            ---Norm
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
              Hi Jody,

Just curious, are you suggesting the LDO number marked examples are earlier than the unmarked examples? I wouldn't think the badges marked for private purchase were necessarily any earlier than those that weren't although it's possible I suppose, especially since we can't even r/o the possibility they were made by Schickle and simply stamped by B.H. Mayer after acquiring the leftover stock in 1941.

It could be a similar situation to the rare Petz & Lorenz IABs that B.H. Mayer stamped with his L/18 mark in the pin after acquiring their stock as well (this example was posted previously by Giel). Or Schickle's L/15 Spanish Cross also marked on the pin by Zimmermann (posted by Daniel (Grueni1208) on GCA).

Best regards,
              ---Norm
              Hi Norm,
              I am talking about the early hallmarked examples that used the same die as the tombac badge in this thread and not the later L/18 marked zinc examples whch used a different die for the badge.

Regards,
              Jody

Here is my example:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jody View Post
                Hi Norm,
                I am talking about the early hallmarked examples that used the same die as the tombac badge in this thread and not the later L/18 marked zinc examples whch used a different die for the badge.

Regards,
                Jody

Here is my example:
                Hi Jody,

Yes, I too was speaking of the tombak versions marked L/18 on the pin. But I think I understand, you meant these were "early" as in "earlier than the later Mayer-produced zincers", and not "earlier than the unmarked tombak".

Best regards,
                ---Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X