Minesweeper badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper badge

I just purchased this today from a vets family, please take a look and let me know what you think...so far today has been a day loaded with fakes.
    Thanks,
    Eric
    Attached Files

Hi Eric,
    Sorry to say but this badge is a known fake - so called 'Feathered eagle' Minesweeper
    Cheers,
    Hubert

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Eric, I got burnt by this one too
        To tell the truth, 'Feathered eagle' Minesweeper was finaly proven to be a fake a year and a half before. Till that time it was considered by many to be original badge by unknown maker. Although it is a fake, it has very unique design, not pretending to be other maker and is realy well done. That's why I decided not to throw mine away (enclosed).
        Cheers,
        Hubert
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Eric,

Like Hubert, I've kept mine in my collection as well (but not on display ). We've kept it in the classification table as well (3.3.1) because of it's unique status amongst Minesweeper fakes and as a warning to others.

Joseph posted an interesting example of the "feathered eagle" MS with a spurious Wiedmann mark.

The same "maker" produced a post-war Auxiliary Cruiser badge as well.

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Last edited by Norm F; 11-21-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Norm and Hubert-thanks! sorry it took me so long to answer, yes, unlike so many fakes this one really is a nice one and I put it in my case...its a real sweet badge...now what I wonder is: when and where was it made? Europe for the postwar GI market? so many questions...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X