Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper Opinion???

Hello People,

I'm looking for this Minesweeper Badge. Is it good????

Regards,

Schmidt

Hi Schmidt,
    It is not easy to tell the maker of unmarked Minesweeper made of 'Juncker family' die when a bit more of hand finishing was applied around inner and outer outlines but in this case I think it is zinc Meybauer attributed badge with replaced main pin and hinge. I do not know about the catch but there schould be small round catch plate, which might be obsured by solder?
    I would also try acetone test to make sure that the wreath was not refinished.
    Cheers,
    Hubert
    Last edited by BubbaZ; 10-18-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaZ View Post
      Hi Schmidt,
      It is not easy to tell the maker of unmarked Minesweeper made of 'Juncker family' die when a bit more of hand finishing was applied around inner and outer outlines but in this case I think it is zinc Meybauer attributed badge with replaced main pin and hinge. I do not know about the catch but there schould be small round catch plate, which might be obsured by solder?
      I would also try acetone test to make sure that the wreath was not refinished.
      Cheers,
      Hubert

I agree with Hubert on all points. Definitely a Meybauer zincer but with suspect hinge, pin and finish. It would be nice to see better lit closeups of the hinge and catch attachments.

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

Reverse hardware and the catch should look like on enclosed pictures:
        Cheers,
        Hubert
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X