Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin HSF

Hi all,

I wanted to post my latest addition, it is a nice High Seas Fleet by Schwerin. Scanning or photographing these kriegs badges is just so difficult, you can never capture the gilding on them.

In addition, I wanted to get your opinions on the hinge pin. I know the typical is a dome head or waffle head, but I was reading on Mike Kenny's article webpage about how some heads were completely sheared off on both ends. I took some photos of the sides to get your opinions.

Thanks for the help,
    Chad
    Attached Files

Hinge pin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blued; 08-20-2011, 11:54 AM.

Comment

An additional pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chad,

this is a very nice one and imo absolutely unmessed with. I would not bother regarding the pin, all looks very good from here.

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks for the confirmation Daniel.

Comment

Hi Chad,

A nice worn original which looks like it has a flattened hinge in head on the left side. Some of the marks on the hinge and hinge pin almost make me think the hinge pin has been "tightened" at some stage (not recently based on patina though).

Regards
            Mike
            Regards
            Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi guys,

I seriously doubt that there was any manipulation an the pin. You can still see the original blueing/blackening on the pin. I would feel very comfortable owning this gem.

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                Hi all,

I wanted to post my latest addition, it is a nice High Seas Fleet by Schwerin. Scanning or photographing these kriegs badges is just so difficult, you can never capture the gilding on them.

Chad
                Hi Chad

I agree with you here, most of the time these Kriegsmarine badges looks much better in hands than on picture.

Nice HSF

Comment

Nice one Chad, congrats!

Comment

Thanks for the great words guys.

I was looking some more at the reverse under the loop, and I noticed the name: "Lohrk" scratched into the back. Interesting little detail

Comment

Lohrk is the name of my Grandfather...so I am sorry to say this but the badge belongs to me.

Nice one my friend...how do you do with with a mortgage and all...? Well you are Italian, so I guess that kinda explains it.

Chris

Comment

You have find a great HSF

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher G. View Post
                          Lohrk is the name of my Grandfather...so I am sorry to say this but the badge belongs to me.
                          Hahaha, nice.

Originally posted by Christopher G. View Post
                          Nice one my friend...how do you do with with a mortgage and all...? Well you are Italian, so I guess that kinda explains it.

Chris
                          Well, as with any collector with an addiction, I always try to have some funds stashed just in case the Italian part, well, let's not ask too many questions

Comment

Nice badge! Just love the Schwerin HSF! ...and a bit used....

Cheers
                            //Felix

Comment

Nice one Chad, a real beauty!

I too wouldn't be concerned at all with the hingepin. It does look like it has a head on the left side, and the right side was just bashed in a few times that it would NEVER come out. Like Mike says, the patina on it is all I would need to see to say its been there forever.

I guess you took a break from the house repairs to pamper yourself a bit

Tom
                              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                              [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                              Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X