Cased U Boat Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased U Boat Badge

Dear all, I know cased KM badges are rare. I am happy to be able to spot a FO marked CASED U Boat badge. According to the owner, the badge citation is found inside the upper portion of the case. My only concern is the scratch in the title of the case. Any comments? Thanks!

Hello David,

While the badge itself appears to be ok, the case and the document are fakes.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Sub Badge

This is a badge off my site. No need to hide my name. If there is any problem please let me know.

Thank you,
      Gailen David

Comment

Sub badge

If your sure, I'll pull it off the site right away. I knew the badge was good.

Gailen

Comment

Sub Badge cased

I must admit, though I can tell a good sub badge, I'm obviously not up to speed on these cases. I told the collector he could post the badge on the forum to be sure. I do my best.

Gailen David

Comment

F.d.U. (West) was Kapitän zur See Hans Rudolf Rösing. This signature is not his. The eagle ink stamp is not good either.
            Attached Files
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

The case is what is referred to as a "lattice" fake. It also looks like ball-point pen was used on the number inside the case.
              Attached Files
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Sub Badge cased

Thanks so much for your help. If I told you who this badge was originally sold by you would be shocked. I will trash the case and document and just sell the badge. At least I know that's real.

Gailen David

Comment

Originally posted by Gailen David View Post
                  Thanks so much for your help. If I told you who this badge was originally sold by you would be shocked. I will trash the case and document and just sell the badge. At least I know that's real.

Gailen David
                  Hello Gailen,

You have one of the best reputations in the hobby. Please don't trash anything until you get other opinions on the case and document in question.

Best regards,
                  Tom
                  Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

cased Sub Badge

It is interesting to note that when the badge was originally sold to the collector I got it from there was no mention of the document being behind the lid. I only discovered it when I took the inside lid off to look at the case construction. It's a jungle out here! I do appreciate your help in this matter.

Gailen David

Comment

Agreed, the case font is also scratched so as not to detect it wrong, or to add wear artificially.

Best Regards,

Adren

Comment

on the paper, there is witten UBOOTSKRIEGSABZEICHEN

it's incorrect, it is U Boot Kriegsabzeichen

regards
                        Tom

Comment

Originally posted by collectorGD View Post
                          on the paper, there is witten UBOOTSKRIEGSABZEICHEN

it's incorrect, it is U Boot Kriegsabzeichen

regards
                          Tom
                          Actually, either is correct in German and in historical usage, depending on whether it's written as one word or as separate hyphenated words:
                          U-Boot-Kriegsabzeichen
                          Ubootskriegsabzeichen

Best regards,
                          ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Gailen David View Post

Gailen David
                            Please take Tom's advice Gailen and post the case on the cases and packets forum for other opinions before you trash it.

John

Comment

Gailen, since you allowed me to post this entire set here, I will post a thread on the case alone on the case forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X