• Show
Clear All

A superb display.

Chet
    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Outstanding. If you put in Tirpitz in the KM search function, the other old threads about HSF badges from this ship should show up.

As I recollect, a large batch of them were found by divers a few years ago, maybe more now, and most sold or at least they were trying to sell them.

John

Comment

Thanks for nice comments guys, glad you like it.

Comment

This is the thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=tirpitz

Comment

Fascinating thread John, always helpful, many thanks

Comment

Amazing display, the badge looks great mounted on the teak board, and the model is stunning.
                I'm amazed how well the badge looks after being underwater for so many years.
                I would love to be able to pick one of these up.

Originally posted by bnz41 View Post
                Thanks, it gets better!

I have now mounted the badge on another rough piece of teak and this is how the badge will be displayed from now on, inside the glassbox together with my 1/350 scale modell of the Tirpitz - built as the ship looked like in her final days at Håkøya.

The wooden base inside the glass is also made from teak deckwood from the actual ship.

Maybe this belongs in the model forum, but after all the thread is about the badge, not the model.

Comment

Very nice display bnz41 and thanks for showing!

Have one of the Tirpitz hsf badges myself - anymore teak wood left?

Comment

Thanks for nice feedback, guys!

Originally posted by nachtundnebel View Post
                    anymore teak wood left?
                    Sorry, nothing to spare.

Comment

I have recieved many PM's from collectors that are interested in a piece of this teak deck wood and I've been forced to turn them all down so far.

This wood is very hard to find due to all the time that has past since the sinking and what it does to wood over the years.

However, on April 3. 1944 Tirpitz was attacked by Barracuda ftorpedo planes while anchored in Kaafjord, Norway. The ship took a big hit on the foredeck and a lot of teak deck was blown off.

One of these planks are now in my possesion. I dont need all of it, so if any of you guys are interested, just send me a PM.

The coolest thing is that this also have remains of red color from the swastika that was painted on the foredeck, but this particular piece I want to keep for myself.

Comment

PS; Not for free of course!

Comment

That is so cool! For us, collecting as a hobby, that must be a rewarding addition!

May I ask, what did the HSF set you back?

T

Comment

A little update of this thread.

There's been a lot of force involved here. As you can see the bolts has been thorn out underneath the deck wood.

Closer view of the red paint.

Big plank. 1,75 meters long, 16 x 6,5 cm wide/thick and weighs 16 kg .

This is one of three planks that were found with paint on after Tirpitz left Kaafjord. Two of them is located at the Tirpitz museum in Kaafjord, the third one is mine. One of the others even had white paint from the circle around the svastika.

Comment

Great looking

Andy

Comment

I bought two of them back then, sold one to Denmark but have this one still

Andy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X