GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masterpieces of the Maritime Museum Hamburg my visit !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masterpieces of the Maritime Museum Hamburg my visit !

One of the best military museums of the world of Marine and uboat items , also others. I put only photos of the famous personel items of knights cross winners !

Today i will take a few photos inside.

Here the knights cross winner and oakleaves Mappe from Rogge !
    Signed original by Hitler !

Other photos will come !
    Attached Files

Total

Total of the estate Rogge
    Attached Files

Comment

Estate of knights cross winner Marine Weyer !
      Attached Files

Comment

more photos

Formal knights cross winner document and samurei sword document
        Attached Files

Comment

Kriegsmarine diamonds badge from oakleaves winner !
          Attached Files

Comment

Other scans from Dönitz items, Lüths diamonds, fieldmarshall button and other masterpieces are coming !

Comment

To add something about the awardee .....
              Bernhard Rogge was born 04-08-1899, in Schleswig, In 1915 during World War I he joined the Imperial German Navy (the Kaiserliche Marine) served in World War I and won the Iron Cross in second and first class, after the war he served in various cruisers. From the mid 30es until 1939 he commanded the German Navy's sail training ship "Albert Leo Schlageter", in September 1939 he was assigned to the Hilfskreuzer (auxiliary cruiser) "Atlantis", the "Atlantis" capture or sink 21 ships, in one of those ships captured Rogge found top-secret documents about the defences of the port of Singapore and pass it to the Japanese for those action he won the Knights Cross with Oak Leaves and a samurai sword from the emperor of Japan, after the sinking of the "Atlantis" in 22-11-1941 Rogge spend the rest of the war in Germany and by the end of it he achieved the rank of Vizeadmiral.
              In 1957 he joined the West German navy the Bundesmarine as a Konteradmiral and retire from it in 1962, Living in Reinbek Rogge died on 29-06-1982, age 82 and is buried on the Stadtfriedhof of Reinbek.

Comment

Originally posted by frankandfrank View Post
                Other scans from Dönitz items, Lüths diamonds, fieldmarshall button and other masterpieces are coming !
                more please ^^

Comment

Are coming next week !

Comment

So, Rogge had also a diamonds HSF badge,
                    How come this fact is not in the books already?!
                    Anyone has a picture of the reverse
                    What a superb detail, take a look on the eagle's head, any ideas on the maker?

Comment

Originally posted by rfleming32 View Post
                      To add something about the awardee .....
                      Bernhard Rogge was born 04-08-1899, in Schleswig, In 1915 during World War I he joined the Imperial German Navy (the Kaiserliche Marine) served in World War I and won the Iron Cross in second and first class, after the war he served in various cruisers. From the mid 30es until 1939 he commanded the German Navy's sail training ship "Albert Leo Schlageter", in September 1939 he was assigned to the Hilfskreuzer (auxiliary cruiser) "Atlantis", the "Atlantis" capture or sink 21 ships, in one of those ships captured Rogge found top-secret documents about the defences of the port of Singapore and pass it to the Japanese for those action he won the Knights Cross with Oak Leaves and a samurai sword from the emperor of Japan, after the sinking of the "Atlantis" in 22-11-1941 Rogge spend the rest of the war in Germany and by the end of it he achieved the rank of Vizeadmiral.
                      In 1957 he joined the West German navy the Bundesmarine as a Konteradmiral and retire from it in 1962, Living in Reinbek Rogge died on 29-06-1982, age 82 and is buried on the Stadtfriedhof of Reinbek.
                      He was also Quarter-Jewish!...

Comment

Have this Museum a homepage?
                        Were in Hamburg is it?

Andy

Comment

Yes, the have a internet website ! The Martime Museum is a very big one in the centre of hamburg.

Here the samurei sword of Rogge from May 1942 !
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks good

Andy

Comment

Wonderful!!! Thank you for this topic!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X