Hi
        thanks
        I search on forum, but I can't see real difference with a good one
        can you tell me more please
        thanks
        cordially
        Didier

Comment

Just check the hardware, you won't find original examples with this set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Kondor View Post
            Just check the hardware, you won't find original examples with this set up.
            Could this not be an umarked wartime Souval example? Souval always had a pointed spear in the guy's hand. Looks pretty good for a repro.
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
              Could this not be an umarked wartime Souval example? Souval always had a pointed spear in the guy's hand. Looks pretty good for a repro.
              Gary
              Hi Gary,
              Not at all. It has nothing to do with RS AC. This is undoubtfull cast fake. Reverse setup is typical for post war production and based on '57 pattern.
              Genuine RS AC looks as example posted by Alex in following thread:
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=rs+auxiliary
              Souvals are always marked.
              Cheers,
              Hubert

Comment

Bubba Z:
                Thanks for the information and the link. The reason I brought up Souval, was the fact as shown in the link of the wartime RS example, Souval always had a tipped spear, had checkered acorns, and the shields along side of the viking ship are always very sharp and distinct. In addition, the viking sailor's body is always very clear. I don't think the Schwerin badges are this sharp.

The badge in question has these earmarks.

Therefore, if this cast repro badge was based on the 1957 version, could Souval have been the official 1957 maker? They certainly had the dies.

Comment

I don't think the Schwerin badges are this sharp.
                  Hi Gary,

i have to disagree.

The Schwerin badge is by far more detailed than that of the Souval award.

Here is one of my zinc Schwerin's,on the right,scanned next to an original zinc Souval.

The crispness of the detail on the Schwerin when compared to the Souval is quite evident in this image,i think.

Regardsd,Martin.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The reason I brought up Souval, was the fact as shown in the link of the wartime RS example, Souval always had a tipped spear, had checkered acorns, and the shields along side of the viking ship are always very sharp and distinct. In addition, the viking sailor's body is always very clear. I don't think the Schwerin badges are this sharp.

The badge in question has these earmarks.

Therefore, if this cast repro badge was based on the 1957 version, could Souval have been the official 1957 maker? They certainly had the dies.
                    Hi Gary,

You're quite right that your posted badge matches the Souval obverse design, based on the several features you enumerated. However, as Hubert says, there's no hope at all of this being a wartime produced Souval; rather it is indeed a post-war casting of a Souval, and '57-like hardware was applied. This cast repro isn't based on a 1957 version; it's based on the wartime version.

So your observation that it was Souval-like was a good one, it just led you to the wrong conclusion.

Best regards,
                    ---Norm

Comment

Hi Gentlemen
                      thanks a lot
                      cordially
                      Didier

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X