demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Selling Price for 1st Pattern E-Boats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Selling Price for 1st Pattern E-Boats?

Good Lord ... is it the falling America Dollar causing this? Or has my collection suddenly increased in value by 50%????
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I agree. This does seem a bit high. Although, I see that one has already been sold. There are several with this update.

Market is whatever someone might or is willing to pay. These, that are included in the update are the only 1st model S-boat badges in this sellers wares. So perhaps, yes, this is the market price and your badges have gone up in value.
      Wonder what condition my badge would be listed as?

Regards,
      JustinG
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
        I agree. This does seem a bit high. Although, I see that one has already been sold.
        Regards,
        JustinG
        Which one? They both appear still for sale from what I see.

Comment

With the recent books and articles on KM badges, there is a heightened awareness of the desireability of some types. The Schwerin S-Boat badge is close to the top of that list, resulting in (perhaps only temporary until everybody who wants one, has one) price jumps.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
            I agree. This does seem a bit high. Although, I see that one has already been sold. There are several with this update.

Market is whatever someone might or is willing to pay. These, that are included in the update are the only 1st model S-boat badges in this sellers wares. So perhaps, yes, this is the market price and your badges have gone up in value.
            Wonder what condition my badge would be listed as?

Regards,
            JustinG
            They do not get better than your example Justin. I guess you could set the price.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
              With the recent books and articles on KM badges, there is a heightened awareness of the desireability of some types. The Schwerin S-Boat badge is close to the top of that list, resulting in (perhaps only temporary until everybody who wants one, has one) price jumps.
              I've given up trying to look for logic in the whims of fashion, desire and perceived value. Given the universality of the Internet, it all boils down to what a small number of people across the entire world are willing to pay, and how long a seller is willing to wait.

A rare Pokemon trading card sold for $22,000 in the past. Is a small piece of colored cardboard worth this much? Apparently to someone. Whatever the vast majority of sensible people think of it is apparently irrelevant. Only two people need to be happy -- the seller and the buyer.

And so it evolves into a hobby for the rich...

Best regards,
              ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post

A rare Pokemon trading card sold for $22,000 in the past. Is a small piece of colored cardboard worth this much? Apparently to someone.
                Best regards,
                ---Norm
                Well the reason maybe rare-ness ... so that's maybe different. I hardly call e-boat 1st Patterns rare. You can still get them anywhere. Maybe not in the condition of Justin's but those that started the thread can be easily had for 30-40% less.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                  Well the reason maybe rare-ness ... so that's maybe different. I hardly call e-boat 1st Patterns rare. You can still get them anywhere. Maybe not in the condition of Justin's but those that started the thread can be easily had for 30-40% less.
                  Hi Darrell,

Maybe not rare but perhaps you can't them just "anywhere" anymore? If there are 10,000 thing-a-ma-jigs in existence and 19,999 people really like them and hold on to theirs like glue, then that last one is a really rare thing-a-ma-jig!

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

1st pattern are more rare and at least to me, more desirable due to the tombak version that isn't available in the 2nd model S-boat badge.
                    They are good examples listed, it will be interesting to see how long they take to sell.
                    I don't think it will be too long personally.

Daniel:
                    There was 3, 1st model S-boat badges in this update on page 3 was the example I was referring to showing already that it was sold.

Best Regards,
                    JustinG
                    Last edited by JustinG; 03-19-2011, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Prices for many items on the site dont match with the actual value,...I dont know what is going threw sellers mind. I'm looking for a numbered GAB, but I'm not paying 800 over its value.

Comment

theres one on e-stand now for £1100

Comment

Originally posted by Terry OToole View Post
                          theres one on e-stand now for £1100
                          But condition its not mint.
                          I think the real worth for nice Schnellboot 1st type its 1200-1400€
                          But some dealers wants more than 1500€ for such badge.
                          BR
                          M

Comment

Simple economics really...dealers will always push the boundries of price for they want to maximize profit...as long as someone out there is willing to pay, and it seems there always is, this will continue.

Cannot blame the dealers. The choice is with us the buyers, and there are always options if one is willing to be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by 5ribbonbar View Post
                              Cannot blame the dealers. The choice is with us the buyers, and there are always options if one is willing to be patient.
                              No I agree, it's capitalism and to the winner goes the shares. As mentioned earlier this is turning into a rich man's hobby .. or at least for anyone wanting to delve in to the "more obscure or rare" items.

The crazy thing is ... with that dealer, those prices will stay firm like that for the next 2-3 years. Until inflation requires him to raise them even further ....

Smart business sense would be to sell more at less of a profit and keep items moving through his inventory (aka like his ex-partner Detlev).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X