Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cheek of some militaria dealers

Hello everyone,

I had some time ago a FAKE U-Boat badge on the WAF. (The discussion can be read below)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=461970

I returned it to the dealer to whom I bought it from and got a refund.

However in addition to the badge above I also had bought other badges from this particular dealer which I had all appraised and discussed on the WAF which were all shot down in flames. So I decided to ring the dealer in question and I told him that I was a member of the WAF and that every medal that I bought from him was appraised and turned down by the members of the WAF as fakes.

He let out this fake nervous laugh then said that dealers were always getting slated on this site because the WAF was full of American clowns.

Now I see the same badge discussed above back up for sale on his site.

http://www.uk-militaria.com/shop/viewphoto.php?x=0

What a piece of work that guy is.

And not just any old clowns--American clowns!!!!!!!!!! That seals it.

Norm, if I was you, I would be very insulted at this.

Comment

For once I don't mind being an Aussie around here!
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

wow...he needs to let the rivalry of the Revolution go...it's been long enough

Comment

UK Militaria---I AM NOT HAPPY
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
            And not just any old clowns--American clowns!!!!!!!!!! That seals it.

Norm, if I was you, I would be very insulted at this.
            Ja, ich bin Kanadier, kein Amerikaner!

Ah well...

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
            Weep, and you weep alone."

--- from Solitude, Ella Wheeler Wilcox, 1883

Comment

Who is the dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                Who is the dealer?
                www.uk-militaria.com

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

This dealer actualy has 2 websites, the one mentioned is where all the fakes are sold and the other one UKM sales he has the items he believes to be authentic and most of them are. I have had some fantastic pieces from the other site in the past- all items are consignments.

Comment

Is the dealer a member here or on any other forums?

Thanks,
                      Swayne
                      Last edited by Lt. Martin; 03-22-2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Martin View Post
                        Is the dealer a member here or on any other forums?

Thanks,
                        Swayne
                        I believe he is a member here.

There are indeed two web sites but the fact that a dealer would knowingly put an item back up for resale after it being appraised here and turned down is enough to give an insite into the character of the man. Dealers like that spoil this hobby for collectors and even if he did have some original items he should be left with them. That kind of behaviour where you knowingly con and defraud people out of there hard earned money is unacceptable IMO.

Comment

He is doing one of two things:

1.) (the most likely) He knows that his items are fake, and are selling them anyway, or
                          2.) He does not believe that the items are fake and is in denial

I hate hearing about people like this, it really makes collecting that much more difficult. Plus, there are almost certainly fakers that prowl around the forums looking for good advice about how to make better (and harder to figure out) fakes.

Swayne Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Martin View Post
                            He is doing one of two things:

1.) (the most likely) He knows that his items are fake, and are selling them anyway, or
                            2.) He does not believe that the items are fake and is in denial

Swayne Martin
                            Either way he should not be selling militaria

Yes you are also right about the fakers prowling around learning how to ply the evil trade even further

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon View Post
                              I believe he is a member here.

There are indeed two web sites but the fact that a dealer would knowingly put an item back up for resale after it being appraised here and turned down is enough to give an insite into the character of the man.

Personally I think you need to watch what you say...

3 people on the thread say its ok. One says he is not sure but would not buy it, and John says he thinks it is fake.

If I was a buyer I would probably heed Johns advice... but that does not PROVE anything.

So to expect a dealer to now toss this piece is not objective. he has an opinion that he probably thinks is just as valid.

if I ever was to buy another U-Boot, i would avoid this on Johns Say-so... but that is no PROOF that these are fake.

best
                              Chris

P.S. and no, i am not the seller, and have no idea who he is.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X