Minesweeper Badges - Are these legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper Badges - Are these legit?

I have no idea how I acquired these or what I paid for them, but I always assumed the embroidered badge was real and the metal badge to be a fake, now I am not so sure.

Hi,
    Quite opposite I would say. I am not sure about cloth badge but your 'metal' badge is original zinc unmarked F&B minesweeper, quite hard to find with such big catch base plate
    Cheers,
    Hubert

Comment

Thanks Hubert. Yeah that's what i meant by being "not so sure." I think its safe to say that the embroidered badge was not issued by the government, like the cloth badges; the question is whether or not it was made prior to 1945, and I suspect that that will probably be impossible to determine.

Comment

i just noticed a cool thing, check out this catch.

Comment

Originally posted by mouser98 View Post
          i just noticed a cool thing, check out this catch.
          Hi mouser98,

Yes, as Hubert mentioned, that's a typical Foerster & Barth catch from Pforzheim.

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Attached Files

Comment

Exactly as Norm has said, typical F&B catch. Catches in these F&B minesweepers can be soldered directly to the badge (no base plate) or on two different round base plates - with diameter exceeding or equal to the catch foot lenght.
            Cheers,
            Hubert

Comment

Yours is a very nice unmarked example imo

best regards
              Graeme

Comment

What would you guys say would be a fair price for the F&B badge? Also, are there any opinions on the bullion badge.

Comment

okay, i have sold the F&B so i don't need a value on it, but still, is there any opinion about the bullion badge? is it almost a certainty that it is post-war? is it certain there is no way to know? any opinions would be welcome.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X