Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Navy Honor Roll Clasp

Hello,
    I recently picked up this German Navy Honor Roll Clasp from a Veteran along with some of his Canadian Army gear. As this is not my field of collections I would like some opinions on this clasp please. There is only one pin left but you can see where the other pins are broken off. Thank You In Advance for your Help and I would appreciate a value on the Clasp also.
    Happy Hessian
    Attached Files

Nothing wrong with this, the bulk of these seemed to have made their way back via canadian vets for some reason. Obviously they were in the right place at the right time to pick these up.
    Regards, Rob
    Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Yes, another period example out of Canada. This thread applies:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...nor+Roll+Clasp

Comment

Hi John,
        He was Vet in the North Nova Scotia Regiment so after what happened at the Ardenne Abbey I would say every thing became fair game.
        Happy Hessian

Comment

I agree and good you have the provenance on the clasp. Of course I am partial in my opinion since my line served with the Glengarry Highlanders, Canada.

John

Comment

Hi John,
            After all the years they are finally bring back the Cape Breton Highlanders and the Halifax Rifles allot of sweat and time for the Vets to get them reinstated but finally the Goverment listened to them.
            Happy Hessian

Comment

Originally posted by rhudspith View Post
              the bulk of these seemed to have made their way back via canadian vets for some reason. Obviously they were in the right place at the right time to pick these up.

I think I have had 15 or so of these,maybe more.

The ones I know of and have owned came mainly from North Nova Scotia Highlander Vets and were taken from captured Kreigsmarine bases along the German coast (stored in the Hospital basements)

I believe the Veterans saw value as they thought they were gold,were small and easy to carry home.

The one that started this thread is exactly what I would expect to see.

Glenn
              Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 03-12-2011, 11:30 AM.
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Honor Roll Clasp

Hello,
                The clasp is nice and my example also came out of Canada.

Regards,
                Jody

Comment

Hello,

I know of a clasp available here in the province of Quebec (Canada). The condition is similar as the one Happy Hesian just picked up, except there is no ribbon. Only one pin remains.

What would be a fair market value for a piece like that?

Thank you all for your help.

Stéphane

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X