Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin Minesweeper

Hi Guys

With the arrival of this one today, I have finally added a Kriegs badge to the collection. My main collecting interest is IAB's but I have always liked the design of the Minesweeper. When I found this one I could not resist.

Hope you like her as much as I do.

Best Regards, fischer
    Attached Files

Very, very nice Fischer! And hard to find with the frosting still on the water plume.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Comment

This badge is a killer Fisher!
      Congrats!
      Hubert

Comment

I love that badge fischer. Congratulations on adding such a fine piece.

Comment

TOP badge, congrats Don!

Comment

She's a beauty

Comment

Very good condition

Andy

Comment

Not an IAB??!!? *Gasp*

Regardless, nothing less than the high quality I would expect! Nice addition!

Comment

A nice original badge for sure, but from the pics I have a strong suspicion it has been cleaned. The reverse shows quite a bit of wear and loss of the dark grey finish. The water spout appears to have some tombak peeking through.

Regards
                  Mike
                  Regards
                  Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

That's a stunning example and it will be lonely all by itself

Regards,
                    Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                      A nice original badge for sure, but from the pics I have a strong suspicion it has been cleaned. The reverse shows quite a bit of wear and loss of the dark grey finish. The water spout appears to have some tombak peeking through.

Regards
                      Mike
                      Holey Moley, Mike! Your comments jogged my memory. Amazing what a difference photography makes. You're absolutely right. That's the same badge I traded out of my collection a while back. Fascinating how these things circulate around...

Best regards,
                      ---Norm
                      Attached Files

Comment

Don't take my comments as negative. The badge remains a very nice example and is a great start to a KM collection! D should be very happy with it.

Regards
                        Mike
                        Regards
                        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                          Don't take my comments as negative. The badge remains a very nice example and is a great start to a KM collection! D should be very happy with it.

Regards
                          Mike
                          Sure Mike, no negativity inferred. I thoroughly discussed this badge on GCA previously, and also I told the recipient of the trade about the apparent past cleaning process.

Although purists will dislike the lack of the patina of age, from a purely aesthetic point of view it looks much more attractive than my "aged" Schwerin with has more of the gilding.

Best regards,
                          ---Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X